Srinagar, popularly known as ‘Heaven on Earth’, is as surreal as the most aesthetic painting ever painted. Interspersed with Chinar trees and green pastures, it makes for a wonderful vacation spot for your family.
The first thing to do when you land in Srinagar is to close your eyes and breathe in the fresh, unadulterated air. The second thing to do is to hire a houseboat, for it makes no sense for you to ignore the ethereal beauty of the Dal Lake and live in a hotel. Wooden, rustic, warm and cosy, these houseboats have charming wall murals and balconies for you to sit in and enjoy your Kahwa in the evening.
OYO Houseboats offer an excellent option for those who are looking to experience a houseboat stay with the assurance and comfort of OYO. Check out the entire range of OYO Houseboats here.
To make your evenings even more pristine and beautiful, you should take a Shikara ride from the backwaters that traverses through the local villages, and if you’re lucky enough you might just get to see a rainbow.
If you’re looking for Pashmina, you would find a variety of stores that you can visit while enjoying your boat ride.
Another popular attraction that you shouldn’t miss are the floral gardens, namely the Nishat Bagh and the Chashma Shahi gardens. Endowed with clear water streams and natural hot water springs, you also get to witness terraced formations in the gardens here that are intricately interspersed with freshly bloomed flowers.
Pari Mahal or The Fairies’ Abode is a seven terraced garden located at the top of Zabarwan mountain range over-looking city of Srinagar and south-west of Dal Lake.
Srinagar is all this and more. That’s why it makes perfect sense to travel to this amazing destination and the best time to visit srinagar is during summer.
Editor’s note – Srinagar also has a number of manmade tourist attractions and bustling markets which would be covered in detail in another blog post.
P.s. You might like these related resources:
- Pristine Lakes, and Enchanting Locales Awaits – Experience the Best Places to Visit in Srinagar
- Experience Heaven on Earth – 10 Stunning Places to Visit near Srinagar
- Best time to visit Srinagar and explore a paradise on earth!
- Presenting Lucknow’s mouthwatering Awadhi cuisine - February 25, 2019
- 35 Yummilicious Foods To Definitely Try In Leh Ladakh- Food that you should not miss - January 24, 2019
- 35 Important Religious Places In India That Are A Must-Visit For Devotees - January 23, 2019
- Snaps from Lonavala – A captivating photo-blog - December 17, 2016
- India Surf Festival 2016 - October 27, 2016
- OYO StayOut – Anytime, Anywhere, Any Price Stays - October 22, 2016
- How India slays life’s evils through travel - October 17, 2016
- This Couple Goes On A Trip To Goa Every Year And They Don’t Plan To Stop - September 19, 2016
- 17 Unexplored Beaches of Goa To Visit Right Now - September 17, 2016
- Behind The Scenes – The Making of Ganesha - September 5, 2016