The First Anniversary i.e. completion of the first year of your marital life means a lot to both of you. And you are eager enough to share your joy and ecstasy of this day with your friends and family. First Anniversary holds a special meaning in a life of the couple. It marks the beginning of your togetherness which is a year old but not too old to be considered a milestone. Moreover, you both are together with each other in the ups and downs as well as good or bad days of your marriage. This is a day to celebrate and remember the wonderful moment when you tied the knot. And when you are looking for a grand celebration, then several venues for anniversary party can help you out in preparing for your dashing event ahead. Go through some of these awesome ideas that you can deploy in your preparations.
- Pick out some Romantic Theme:
A theme would surely add an extra element to your party and will bring more charm to your celebrations. Remember, this is not a regular reunion or get-together among friends. This is a special day and the most important people for this day are you two. Thus, having a personalised theme that depicts your favourites like colour, music etc. seems the best answer to your celebration queries.
You may ask the anniversary venues to summon up some event planning checklist to conjure up a catalogue of décor ideas that matches your vision of an ideal party. Put up your photos, let’s say beginning from the day you met till a recent photo or make your atmosphere a little cheerful with satiny drapes, fairy lights and pastel colour combo designs. Other than that you can use the theme of your honeymoon to relive the memories.
- Plan a Prompt Getaway:
Maybe your husband or wife is not in favour of a grand celebration. Then having a romantic getaway would be a great option if your anniversary falls during holiday or weekend. Just browse through some fanciful destinations that couples prefer or take a trip that you have been longing for.
This would be a great excuse for both of you to spend some quality time with each other and walk down the memory lane. A beach or a hill station would make for fine locations to have your vacation as well as celebrate anniversary.
- How about a Surprise Party:
If you have made up your mind in throwing a lavish party and celebrating the day with your family and friends then, celebrate it with a twist. Don’t let your spouse get to know about your plans. Keep it under wraps until the moment you call him or her at the party venue. Just act a little nonchalant about the whole scenario and he or she will be assured that you are not much interested in planning anything.
Planning a surprise party would be an ultimate pleasure for both of you. Plan out secretly with your family or friends and you will definitely enjoy the overwhelming joy on his or her face. Plan the required décor for your party venue and gain a vague idea about its splendour.
- Design Creative Invitations:
These modern times are all about creativity and originality where you may put some extra efforts in developing new and refreshing invitations to call your guests. Give wings to your imagination and pick out some quirky one-liners or fabricate a themed invitation card be it made of paper or a digital one. This will definitely leave an everlasting impression on your guests. Designs are of numerous variety- you may pick out a floral, rustic or vintage style pattern.
- Relive your Treasured Memories:
Nothing could be better than reuniting with your old memories on your anniversary. Pick the restaurant where you had your first date or make a visit to the spot where you both spent some special time with each other. Just go back in time and have your dinner at the hotel or restaurant where you gave your reception party. Indulge in your favourite dishes or desserts and head back to home with some new memories.
- Chalk Out Menu:
While you are planning to have a grand party, make sure that your menu is appropriate to your occasion. Don’t forget the cake and do not discard the Candle mark of No.1 over it. Well of course, when you have decided over a lunch or dinner party then prepare the list as per your wish.
Appetizers, salads and desserts seem like an essential food items. Don’t forget the drinks. Cocktails, booze, lemonades and any other preferable drink, add all them in abundance in your party menu.
- Take a second Honeymoon:
Does your anniversary remind you of your beautiful honeymoon? Then, pack your bags for a second honeymoon. Return to the destination of the first one and revive those romantic moments that you created together. To have a second honeymoon, plan ahead and make reservations as per your preferences.
- Entertainments in Galore:
As a host of the evening, it is your duty and social manners to keep your guests entertained during the entire course of the event. Make your party interesting with music, dancing and games. Play your wedding video or conduct some contests. This will keep your guests engaged and will be a fun experience for everyone. You can renew your vows and have a small ritual performed at your party. This will be definitely a jovial moment for all.
- Do some Social Work:
This is an auspicious day for you and your spouse. So, why not add some humble moment by performing some noble deeds for society. This will bring more people into your celebration and you can share your happiness with them. How about arranging a party at some orphanage or distributing food for the homeless and needy person. You will feel more elated with their participation in your merry day.
- Plan little Personal Surprises:
All the above seems good but you should have your personal moments as well. Give your spouse a rose or some trinket that is close to his or her heart. Rejoice your day with some old movie or setup a candle light dinner at home.
Things to keep in mind before planning an anniversary party
- While scouting for venues for anniversary party, make sure that they are within your budget. No need to opt for some extravaganza because this is your anniversary and not a wedding reception party. Just prepare your guest list and menu item with precision that are in accord with your budget.
- While booking a venue, make your reservations with a month or two in advance. This will leave the last minute crisis of searching location and you would be able to arrange for an illustrious party easily.
- Make your guests list with an exactness. No need to invite a long list of guests like your wedding. Just call your family, close friends or office colleagues who are well aware about your wedding anniversary date.
- Your weekend anniversary would prove to be a double bonanza if you were planning to have a vacation for a long time. Look out for some of the places you would like to visit and book your tickets to celebrate your anniversary over there.
- 8 Types of Indian Cocktails for a Summer Wedding - April 24, 2018
- 9 Most Beautiful and Elegant Sarees for an Indian Wedding - April 23, 2018
- 8 Tips to Handle Wedding Costs from Day 1 of Your Wedding - April 23, 2018
- Divulge in the Serene Beauty of Leh-Ladakh - April 20, 2018
- A Glorying Birthday Fiesta at Swasno Palace, Gurgaon - April 19, 2018
- Experience a Rejuvenating Trip to the Tropical Land of Kerala - April 19, 2018
- Escape into the Beauty of Queen of Hills - April 19, 2018
- Take a budget trip to Golden City-Amritsar - April 19, 2018
- Scoop into the Birthday Bash of Baby Girl at OYO - April 5, 2018
- Get Some Trendy Wedding Lehenga Colour Combinations For Your Wedding - March 28, 2018