Marriage is a celebration of togetherness, a bond to enjoy each other’s company. Imagine your wedding day in one of the best banquet halls in Delhi, the rush of the crowd, the bright lights, and the beautiful distinctive aroma from the dining area. You suddenly realize that you want to cook such delicious food at your home as well. Though marriage is all about togetherness, you have to be quiet independent too and the first step towards this independence is learning to cook by yourself. So, here are some must-know recipes, that will help you to be a step ahead.
Planning Wedding any time soon?
Then, Give us a call
- Aloo curry
This delicious dish is an all-rounder. Since Aloo is not so expensive and can be made very easily. This is one of the most widely made food items in Indian kitchens. The easy method of cooking is what makes it less time-consuming. All you need is potatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, vegetable masala, peas, turmeric powder and chillies. Here’s how you go about it:
- Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Chop onions, chillies, and other vegetables if you want to add.
- Then peel and chop the potatoes once it’s boiled and softened.
- Heat your wok and add vegetable oil to it, add the chopped onions, chillies, ginger garlic paste and peas and sauté it, until the onions turn orange.
- Then add the turmeric, chilli and vegetable masala powder, and sauté it well.
- Add some water in the end to make curry.
Voila! Your Aloo curry is ready.
- Paneer Butter Masala
We all love the aroma and the delicious taste of paneer. The softness combined with tangy butter masala is one of the greatest combinations when it comes to Indian wedding menu dishes. It is also easy to make and can be served to anyone who doesn’t have lactose intolerance. Be it any occasion or a family dinner, this is one dish that is loved by everyone. Here’s how you make it as a beginner:
- Chop some paneer into small squares and keep it aside.
- Chop onions, chillies, capsicum and tomatoes.
- Heat them up in the wok and fry them till they turn reddish. Then add the planner pieces and sauté it will.
- Add jeera masala, coriander powder, paneer masala, garam masala and lot of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and sauté it well.
- Add water and stir the curry.
- At the end when the curry is thick and dense, add a bar of a butter and let it melt.
Your paneer butter masala is ready!
Making rice sounds easy right? You’ll be surprised how difficult it can be to make rice perfectly. Sometimes after you cook rice, it seems you’ve done a good job but then while having lunch, you realise the rice is uncooked and there goes your lunch, you either toss it aside and have Maggi, or chew that semi-cooked rice. Sometimes you burn the rice or there’s too much water in it. The problem that people face with making rice is the measurement of the rice and water proportion. Here’s the trick to it:
- First, pour the rice into a bowl, wash and rinse it properly.
- Pour fresh water into it.
- Pour enough water to have an inch of water above the rice.
- Start boiling the rice.
- Once it boils, allow the rice to cook slowly over low heat.
After all, all good things take time. Rice is cheap and can be consumed with any kind of curry, it’s filling and gives you good sleep! Rice is the staple diet of many Indians. This is one of the first things you should learn to cook, as a new wife or husband.
This is one Indian dish that is easy to make and can be consumed every day with almost anything. There are enough types of pulses for you to have a different dal every day of the week. Dal is nutritious and for the family, it serves as a great source of protein. Making dal can be a bit tricky but once you get the hang of it, you’ll face no problem. This is how you make the perfect dal:
- Add the mashed dal and double the amount of water.
- Take a frying pan, add oil or ghee in it.
- Then you take chopped onions, chillies, Hing, mustard, jeera, ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala.
- Fry them together and add water. There will be a thick gravy-like substance.
- Add the mashed dal and water in the pressure cooker, along with the gravy you made and let it cook for 15 minutes.
You just made a delicious dal and proved that healthy food can be tasty.
- Cheese Omelette
This might come as a surprise but this is one dish kids love. Although this dish is not made in every Indian house, and most of the people didn’t even try it, but it is easy to make and is delicious. By learning this delicious recipe, you can surprise your guests and other family members. It can be made for breakfast, or as a side dish for dinner or lunch, or as an evening snack. Here’s the easy recipe for making cheese omelette:
- Heat up your frying pan, add vegetable oil.
- Chop onions, tomato, chilli, oregano and fry it well.
- Crack the eggs and put in a bowl and beat the egg well.
- Pour the yolky material over the chopped fried veggies and let it all fry.
- When the omelette is made, add two slices of cheese and let the cheese melt on the surface of the omelette.
If you have never cooked a cheese omelette before, you will realise the convenience of learning to make this dish.
Poha is the perfect breakfast dish. It is easy to make, nutritious, and very filling. Having Poha for breakfast is the best meal of the day. Here’s how to make it:
- First, add some Poha in a funnel basket and rinse it properly and then throw the water.
- Take a frying pan and roast peanuts.
- Add oil in that same heated pan.
- Add cumin, jeera, and Hing.
- Then you can add onions, curry leaves, green chillies, and potatoes.
- Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and sauté it well until your Poha is ready to eat.
This perfect breakfast or evening snack is not just tasty but can be healthy as well.
Learn cooking before getting married and must include in your wedding checklist too, so that you can take good care of your family and there will be no extra expenditure on a hired cook. If you don’t have the time to cook every day, you can at least make some of these food items for breakfast or for lunch on Sundays.
Give us a Call
- Savour These Delicacies While in Bali for a True Gastronomical Treat! - May 29, 2019
- Want to Visit Sri Lanka? Read the Ultimate Weather Guide for the Perfect Time to Visit This Tropical Beauty! - May 24, 2019
- All Set for Ladakh? Follow This Checklist for a Great Trip to The Trans-Himalayan Valley - May 24, 2019
- Six Experiences You Mustn’t Miss in Sri Lanka for A Fabulous Trip! - May 24, 2019
- Planning Guide for A Wonderful Stay in The Snow Land Himachal with Minimum Coin Shilling! - May 24, 2019
- 5 Bazaar Ramadan terbaik di Kuala Lumpur. - May 15, 2019
- Planning to Visit Ladakh? Here is a Seasonal Guide to Help You Plan Your Trip - May 8, 2019
- Visit These 7 Places in Bali For an Exciting Vacation in The Tropical Island! - May 7, 2019
- 8 Best Places to Spend Your Vacation in the Hills of Himachal Pradesh - April 17, 2019
- Places to Visit in Thailand - April 16, 2019