Pics or it didn’t happen!
Instagram. It’s become our window into friends’ (and occasionally strangers’) lives. So much so that there’s a whole new visual language sprung up around how we take photos, particularly those images we capture when travelling.
But which are classics every Instapage must have, and which are starting to look just a little bit tired?
What do you think?
- The ‘Let me show you around’ photo
That usually spells the end for any meme but this looks set to run and we still think it looks pretty cute.
- The ‘See what I had for lunch’ photo
They say share your bread with your brethren and that should not stop just because you’re in a different city or country. Also, who doesn’t relish the thought of sparking a teensy bit of jealousy with photos of an exotic dish when mates at home are munching leftovers al desko. Share those pics at lunchtime for maximum “well jel” impact.
- The ‘View is so good, watch it twice’ photo
Let’s be honest, a nicely captured photo of anything reflecting in water instantly looks like it’s come from a David Attenborough documentary. There’s something magical about that natural, optical illusion. If you’re city-bound, snapping twisted perspectives of your surroundings reflected in the glass of tall buildings also looks great.
- The ‘Look where I stayed’ photo
Ah yes, the casual “I spend all my free time reading with my reading glasses on” kind of photo which was designed to look spontaneous, but actually took 20 minutes to set up. Well at least the fresh white linens in your OYO room are looking sharp.
- The ‘Definitive proof I travelled’ photo
Sci-Fi author Arthur C Clarke once said “Any technology that is sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.” We reckon hurtling through the air at 30,000 feet sitting in a metal tube qualifies, why would you not want to take a picture out of the window? This one gets a bad rep but we still think a photo of the view while cruising above the clouds is worth a share.
At the end of the day, Instagram is a place to share life’s adventures so whether you fall in with the memes, or tread your own photographic path, don’t let the taking of the photos get in the way of enjoying the experience your capturing, wherever you are in the world.
Where’s your next adventure?
- Savour These Delicacies While in Bali for a True Gastronomical Treat! - May 29, 2019
- Want to Visit Sri Lanka? Read the Ultimate Weather Guide for the Perfect Time to Visit This Tropical Beauty! - May 24, 2019
- All Set for Ladakh? Follow This Checklist for a Great Trip to The Trans-Himalayan Valley - May 24, 2019
- Six Experiences You Mustn’t Miss in Sri Lanka for A Fabulous Trip! - May 24, 2019
- Planning Guide for A Wonderful Stay in The Snow Land Himachal with Minimum Coin Shilling! - May 24, 2019
- 5 Bazaar Ramadan terbaik di Kuala Lumpur. - May 15, 2019
- Planning to Visit Ladakh? Here is a Seasonal Guide to Help You Plan Your Trip - May 8, 2019
- Visit These 7 Places in Bali For an Exciting Vacation in The Tropical Island! - May 7, 2019
- 8 Best Places to Spend Your Vacation in the Hills of Himachal Pradesh - April 17, 2019
- Places to Visit in Thailand - April 16, 2019