Bridal makeup is no easy deal. Two things need to be on point to make sure that bride’s makeup is perfect. Firstly, the bride’s face and skin need to glow from within to help the makeup instead of ruining its purpose which can be done with the help of some beauty tips for the bride. Secondly, the makeup itself should be done by a professional who understands what suits the bride best.
Indian bridal makeup is elaborate and time-consuming. Many Indian brides go for a more subtle or Western look nowadays but even that takes a lot of layers in contour and base to complete the look. But time on the D Day isn’t the only thing you need to invest here. For the perfectionist, Indian bride makeup has to follow a careful regime that she has to adopt a few weeks before the wedding.
Planning Wedding any time soon?
Then, Give us a call
Indian Bridal Makeup Tips for an Early Start
When you go to a wedding and see the bride has zits on her face, too much shimmer, and red patches here and there, which are all visible in the bright lights of the camera despite every attempt to conceal. She has done one thing wrong that you need to learn from. She has not been preparing days before the wedding.
Despite every other preoccupation you have, including working overtime at the office to earn the holidays for the wedding, going out shopping for your wedding attire and making other arrangements, you need to plan your entire bridal look. The makeup, hair, skin care regime all need to be planned out and not just the wedding attire.
Tips for 8 Weeks Prior to the Wedding
You need to take care of your skin and hair religiously before the D Day so that it can take the brunt of all the chemicals that will go into your hair and skin and still look good. Here are some Indian bridal pre makeup tips:
- Create a cleanse, tone, moisturise, sun proof regime with natural products like honey, lemon, sugar, curd, tomato, for everyday use. Make a homemade exfoliator with coffee ground or besan to use twice a week. This is not just for your face but for your whole body.
- Take extra care of your hair. Go for a biweekly hair spa. Use natural conditioners made of banana, milk, and honey. Apply onion juice for hair growth twice a week.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep and 3 litres of water to drink every day.
- Follow natural remedies for dark circles and patches. They involve cool things like tea liquor and cucumber.
When your skin and hair is ready to look good, the job of the makeup becomes easy. If you do not follow this regime, the makeup will make you break out and look worse than your usual self than better.
Tips for Two Weeks Prior to the Wedding
You already have your traditional Indian bridal dress ready by now. You must have booked your hairstylist and makeup artist already. It is time for a practice set:
- Before finalising the deal with the hairstylist and makeup artist, let them know that you will need a test run of the hairdo and makeup as well, for both wedding and reception.
- Try out different hairstyles that could go with your outfit. Decide upon one and don’t change that for the ultimate day.
- Get your makeup done in bright light similar to that of the wedding day and reception ceremony. See which look suits you the best.
- If you want to go for a last facial or skin/hair spa, this is the time and not one day before the wedding.
- Get your skin waxed a week before the wedding. Get the facial hair tweezed at least 3 days before.
With this, you are sure of what to do on the wedding day. There is no time lost in experimenting. There is no anxiety in anticipation of the final look.
Bridal Makeup Tips for the Wedding Day
Now that you have done everything you can to prepare your skin and hair the best way possible for the ultimate day, here is what you do on the D Day.
- After cleansing your face, use some ice to close the pores so that you don’t perspire and the makeup does not run out.
- Let your makeup artist know once again that you do not want any surprises in the form of an experiment with your face on your wedding day.
- Warm your skin tone with bronze powder.
- Use a gel based foundation primer to make sure your foundation does not run out.
- Go for a neutral and light dusting powder to balance the extra sheen.
- Go for a golden toned concealer and base rather than pink toned so that it complements your skin tone in the light of the camera.
- Don’t miss the contour. Photographs demand a well defined face with well defined features and cheekbones. However, make sure the definition does not make your face look too sharp.
- Go for a classic look unless you are sure that your unique look will be timeless in the photographs. Keep in mind that your wedding photos will last longer than your life.
- Make sure you are not using talcum powders anywhere in the entire makeup regime.
- Make sure the makeup artist keeps the shimmer minimalistic and does not use actual glitter.
- Make sure the makeup artist is using the exact shades and brand of makeup that went in the trial run. The right shade is the most important thing.
- To fill in your eyebrows, use a brow powder or a gel. If you are using a brow pencil, make sure it is not obvious. Let the brow powder do most of the work. Make sure you don’t give a very sharp shape to the eyebrows. The look should be soft and sweet for a bride.
- Use an eyelash curler and go for waterproof mascara. Do not overdose on the mascara and make sure there are no clumps.
- Go for gel eyeliner so that it lasts long and defines your eye better. Make sure everything is waterproof.
- Let the foundation be gold toned but the blush and lip colour must be in shades of pink or red.
- Go for cream blush if you have dry skin and powder blush for oily or normal skin. Don’t overdo the blush.
- Keep the lip colour within your natural lip line. Use warm shades of red. Fill in with the lip liner before using the lipstick. Don’t just use it to line. Your lip liner needs to be of the closest shade to the lipstick.
- Accessorise your hair with colourful little bejewelled clips. Don’t wear your hair down without much styling. The wedding day is not the day to go minimalistic with the hair. This is why you had that hairstyling session two weeks back.
- Make sure to follow the classic rule of highlighting either the lips more than the eyes or vice versa. No matter how well the individual makeup for each feature is done, no matter how pretty you naturally are, highlighting everything will make you look like a clown.
- Always be ready for touch ups. Let your makeup artist be there for you with the lip liner, lipstick, top coat of the foundation, blush, mascara, cleanser, and eyeliner all at the ready. Take a short break to fix your makeup whenever needed.
Though some of these might have already been mentioned, here is a list of the common mistakes you must not make:
- Don’t experiment with hair or makeup at the last moment.
- Don’t use the wrong shade of foundation, concealer, or powder, or blush.
- Don’t make your hair too heavy with accessories, it may come loose.
- Don’t use anything that isn’t waterproof.
- Don’t change brands at the last moment.
- Don’t let go of your makeup artist.
- Don’t go for too many touch ups either. It is annoying.
- Don’t try to match the lip colour or eye shadow with the exact colour of your outfit. Do so only if the colour suits your face.
- Don’t use just 2 or 3 brushes for the entire makeup routine.
- Don’t forget the ice before starting with the entire makeup session.
With these bridal makeup tips you will be ready to rock your wedding flawlessly throughout the day. Carrying your bridal makeup perfectly throughout the wedding in a crowded hall takes patience and some practice. But if you followed all these Indian bride makeup tips, you will get it just right. All the best for your wedding, look like the queen you are.
Give us a Call
- 8 Types of Indian Cocktails for a Summer Wedding - April 24, 2018
- 9 Most Beautiful and Elegant Sarees for an Indian Wedding - April 23, 2018
- 8 Tips to Handle Wedding Costs from Day 1 of Your Wedding - April 23, 2018
- Divulge in the Serene Beauty of Leh-Ladakh - April 20, 2018
- A Glorying Birthday Fiesta at Swasno Palace, Gurgaon - April 19, 2018
- Experience a Rejuvenating Trip to the Tropical Land of Kerala - April 19, 2018
- Escape into the Beauty of Queen of Hills - April 19, 2018
- Take a budget trip to Golden City-Amritsar - April 19, 2018
- Scoop into the Birthday Bash of Baby Girl at OYO - April 5, 2018
- Get Some Trendy Wedding Lehenga Colour Combinations For Your Wedding - March 28, 2018