Haldi is not merely a fun ceremony for Indian brides. It is an important part of the ritual. Many positive omens are associated with the haldi ceremony and a bride should not ignore the importance of this event along with other events like sangeet ceremony, mehendi ceremony. Look for a fitting haldi dress for bride so that the bride is appropriately prepared for the ritual. You can find quite a few options looking for a collection of haldi ceremony dresses for bride.
Now, the dress for haldi function is not the only concern. The timing, the shagun, the few guests, and food, everything is important. Most of these things need last minute attention. So, keep the haldi function dress sorted so that there is one less thing to worry about.
Planning Wedding any time soon?
Then, Give us a call
People don’t usually hire professional party planners just for the haldi. But if you have hired one for the wedding, you can call in a favour and have the professionals handle this part of the day as well. Either way, the haldi dress for bride must be ready and on point. It has to be pretty, yet comfortable.
Practical Aspects to Keep in Mind
Before buying the dress for haldi function, you need to consider some practical aspects of the haldi ceremony.
- In some customs, the bridal haldi happens only after the groom’s haldi. This means the bride might have to do some waiting in case things are running late on the groom’s side. So the dress must be something that is not too difficult to carry. It should be manageable.
- A lot of turmeric paste and oil will be involved in the entire process. So the haldi dress for bride must be made of a fabric that can easily get rid of stains. Of course, there is a possibility that you will not wear this dress again. But why let something expensive gets ruined by stains you should’ve seen coming? Plain cottons are easy to get the stain off. However, you might want a fabric that is brighter, like silk. So, immediate remedies for stains must be handy.
- The haldi function dress should also be pretty and somewhat unique. A haldi ceremony typically involves some very monotonous rituals. So, if there are not many fun activities, there will be time to notice what people are wearing. And all eyes will definitely be on the bride. So the haldi dress for bride must be impressive.
- However, don’t forget that the wedding and ideas for wedding reception dresses need to be the ultimate stunners. So don’t go overboard with the haldi function dress. It needs to be gorgeous but don’t make it difficult for yourself to make the wedding dresses stand out the most.
- Also, remember that the haldi ceremony is a daytime thing. So the makeup and hairdo of the bride should be minimalistic. Don’t overdo anything. Keep it simple.
Haldi Function Dress Ideas for Bride-To-Be
Coming to the options for haldi function dresses for the bride, there is nothing exactly specific because the bride should get to customize a perfect dress for herself. But here are some latest trends and classic haldi ceremony dress styles laid out for you. Pick whatever suits your personality and style best.
- Flaunt your Back and Abs
If you are comfortable with some bare skin, the haldi ceremony is the best option for some backless and sleeveless or abs flaunting dresses. This is the day your well-wishers fight each other to get a good spot to apply the good luck haldi on you. It would be good to offer as much surface area possible for smearing turmeric paste on your skin. The more haldi you get, the more the radiance.
- Go Full Conservative
If you are not much of a haldi person, go full on conservative. Layer up your lehenga so that no part of your skin is exposed and you still look charming due to the layers. Go for full sleeves with bands on it. So, your face practically remains the only spot anybody can smear haldi on. Remember to wash off right after the ceremony so that your skin doesn’t change colour in patches.
- Sequins over Darker Shades
Usually, haldi ceremony dresses are yellow. But if you want some contrast, go for green or blue. The yellow turmeric paste will really stand out in the pictures against darker shades for the haldi dress. In order to brighten up these dark shades a little, let them have some sequins.
Don’t choose a dress that is too heavy. You need your comfort, and it is daytime after all. Just the right amount of sequins to make the dress look bright is enough.
You could go for floral prints or even dashes of colours like in Holi, but in a subtler way. You can wear this on a saree or on a lehenga, whatever you choose. It is a good idea to go for darker shades of prints on a lighter base of the saree. Let the blouse be a designer one with not too many embellishments, but sporting a complementary dark shade that is dominant in the prints.
You can go for embroidered haldi dress if you want to keep it comfortable and convenient, yet gorgeous. Think about colourful embroidery on a silver base, beautiful! Even though it is daytime, don’t worry about looking gaudy with this one. Embroidered outfits are always classy. Go for heavy embroidery in multiple colours. Keep your makeup light and hair in a fashionable braid.
You can never go wrong with a saree, draped even in the simplest way, when you are trying to look good during the daytime. Leave the lehenga or elaborate frills and layers for the wedding and reception evenings. For your haldi, go for the classic saree. You will look beautiful and elegant. Remember to not wear the pallu down. Pleat it up in small but numerous layers. Go for a sleeveless high-neck blouse with a low cut back. Maybe a halter neck. You will look trendy and elegant!
- Go all Yellow
Yellow for your haldi ceremony? Cliché! But not if you do it right. Uphold the tradition of wearing yellow for your haldi. But make sure you are not all monochromatic. Wear a statement blouse. Maybe royal blue or purple! Have your eyeliner complement the colour of the blouse.
The borders of the yellow saree or the embroidery on the yellow lehenga or saree or any outfit you chose to wear, should have bright colours. This way you get to keep the yellow turmeric stains hidden in the yellow base of the saree but also wear gorgeous colours.
- Go for White
White is wonderful for daytime. No matter what you chose to wear, wear it in white if you’re in doubt. But you are not a fashion rookie either, not at your own haldi ceremony. Follow the same, colourful prints and embroidery trick to stand out. Avoid yellows among the colours so that the haldi itself stands out among all the colours. You will look beautiful, like the perfect bride-to-be.
- Flowers in Hair
The options for what you can wear have been discussed. You might have something totally different in mind which is okay. But a daytime ceremony calls for minimalistic makeup and accessories but you still have to stand out somehow.
So, shift the attention to a colourful braid. If you have long thick hair, this is the time to flaunt it. If you have short hair, add some volume. Adorn your hair with little flowers. Be Rapunzel for a day.
- Minimalistic Accessories
Again, because it is the daytime, keep the accessories to a minimum. Don’t even carry a handbag or small purse. Let someone else take care of your belongings. Assign the job of a personal assistant to someone close. You are the boss today. Wear accessories that you just can’t do without. Don’t go all bare, but keep it minimal. The accessories could catch the colour of the turmeric as well. So, if you are wearing a necklace, let it be a simple gold one. Same for bangles and avoid a Mangtika if you can. Leave it for the wedding.
So you know have a comprehensive list of suggestions regarding haldi dress for bride. You can dress yourself in any way you want, these are just tips. Your dress for haldi function should keep you comfortable and reflect your happiness, but not make it too difficult like competition for the actual wedding. Team up your haldi function dress with the recommended hairstyle and makeup advice and you will look gorgeous yet serenely simple for your haldi ceremony. Do indulge in some haldi smearing with your friends and relatives. Relax and enjoy a traditional Haldi in your beautiful haldi dress. All the best for your new life. May the colours of the haldi bring all the joy and positivity along your way.
Give us a Missed Call
- 8 Types of Indian Cocktails for a Summer Wedding - April 24, 2018
- 9 Most Beautiful and Elegant Sarees for an Indian Wedding - April 23, 2018
- 8 Tips to Handle Wedding Costs from Day 1 of Your Wedding - April 23, 2018
- Divulge in the Serene Beauty of Leh-Ladakh - April 20, 2018
- A Glorying Birthday Fiesta at Swasno Palace, Gurgaon - April 19, 2018
- Experience a Rejuvenating Trip to the Tropical Land of Kerala - April 19, 2018
- Escape into the Beauty of Queen of Hills - April 19, 2018
- Take a budget trip to Golden City-Amritsar - April 19, 2018
- Scoop into the Birthday Bash of Baby Girl at OYO - April 5, 2018
- Get Some Trendy Wedding Lehenga Colour Combinations For Your Wedding - March 28, 2018