So, finally your long due trip to Ladakh is all planned and the tickets are booked? Now, the next task on the list to pack your bags. You have heard that Ladakh has freezing temperatures and you are thinking how to squeeze in everything you’ll need in that one bag!
Read this list for rescue. Ladakh is an extremely cold place with a terrain which is very different from the Indian plains. Charging ports are limited and toiletries might not be available readily. This packing checklist for Ladakh will help you strike a fine balance between carrying too much and too little. It has all that you’ll need to equip yourself for the extreme climate.
- Sun Hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- 2 T-shirts (preferably cotton)
- Light and expedition weight thermals
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece windstopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) jacket
- Lightweight Gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof outer shell
- 2 Shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Lightweight thermal bottoms
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- 3 Thin, lightweight inner socks
- 3 Thick, warm wool socks
- Boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers/sandals)
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside the trek bag
- 2 Water bottles
- Small wash towel
- Multitool knife
Personal First-Aid Kit
It is advisable to take along a sufficient supply of first-aid items for your own personal use based on the following list, plus any specific medications you may require:
- Insect repellent
- Antiseptic cream
- Throat lozenges or hard candies
- Analgesics – Aspirin, Advil or Tylenol for headaches, etc. (Not Codeine based painkillers)
- Plasters, moleskin or second skin
- Rehydration Salts (oral) E.g. Dioralyte. It is recommended to carry a small supply of 8 packets. A Gatorade- type electrolyte powder is a good idea.
- Dextrose glucose tablets.
- Multivitamin tablets.
- Iodine-based water purification tablets or a small bottle of tincture of iodine with a dropper.
- Why you should visit Goa now - September 17, 2018
- Make room for revelry, this home’s all about Goan festivals! - September 14, 2018
- Rev Up Your Goan Holiday Plans With This Bikers’ Den - September 6, 2018
- A Chic Goan Home For Your Bohemian Rhapsody - August 29, 2018
- 13 Most Beautiful Places in Nepal that You Should Visit Once - August 22, 2018
- 12 Fun Things & Activities To Do in Kuala Lumpur - August 22, 2018
- Food, Culture, Art, Entertainment – Top 5 Things to do in Singapore - August 18, 2018
- Thailand Diaries: 5 Things To Do On Your First Visit - August 18, 2018
- 5 Best Things to do in Himachal - August 17, 2018
- HEMIS FESTIVAL – CELEBRATING ANCIENT TANTRIC TRADITIONS IN THE RICHEST MONASTERY OF LADAKH - August 14, 2018