Located in northern India, in the lap of the Himalayan mountain ranges, Himachal Pradesh is one of the most popular holiday destinations in India. The term Himachal Pradesh literally means a “snow laden province”. The state is spread across scenic valleys and is home to mountain towns where you can witness the simple hill life. If you are on a Himachal tour, here are five things you need to do to get an essence of the state:
- Sightseeing at Kullu Manali
- Visit Museums and Monasteries
- Shopping and Polo
- Horseback Rides and More
- Toy Train Ride
Go Sightseeing at Kullu Manali
Your Himachal holidays would certainly remain incomplete without a visit to Kullu and Manali, one of the most popular holiday spots in the area. If you love mountains and want to enjoy a breath of fresh air amidst the snow-capped ranges, this is the perfect place for you and must have places to visit in Himachal. Test your fitness levels with the various sports facilities and activities at Solang Valley and go trekking and river rafting in Kullu.
To Do: Adventure Sports, visiting old temples and bird watching.
Visit Museums and Monasteries
Almost all the Himachal tour packages would include Dharamshala, which is famous not only because of its serene climate but also for the harmonious co-existence of the Indian and Tibetan communities. The 4000-meter high snow-clad mountains afford excellent views of the entire city. From beautiful lakes to museums, monasteries and temples, the best Himachal tour packages will guide you to many interesting places in this area.
To Do: Visit monasteries, museums, temples and lakes.
Shopping and Polo
The capital city of Himachal Pradesh, the town of Shimla will give you the right mix of British sophistication and Indian glory. If you are planning a visit to Himachal, especially with your family, a Shimla tour package would certainly be the best for you! Its pleasant climate and stunning scenery makes it an ideal holiday destination throughout the year. The Mall Road is every shopper’s paradise and trying your hand at Polo in Annandale would be an experience of a lifetime. If you can beat the cold, visit this place during the winter to experience the “below zero temperature”!
To Do: Shopping and trekking.
Horseback Rides and More
A lot of Himachal holiday packages are sure to include Dalhousie. This is another hill station which you would love to visit if you want to spend some quality time out of your regular hustle and bustle. Enjoy horseback rides and explore the vast meadows. Exhilarating boat cruise at Chamera Lake is another experience highly recommended for first-time visitors.
To Do: Scenic beauty and peaceful atmosphere.
Toy Train Ride
Kalka Shimla Toy Train started in 1903 is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Soaking up the old world charm on the train, you will pass through lush green mountains enjoying the scenic, misty views. When in Himachal, this is a must do! You will see a lot of deodar and oak trees along the way, and the scenery of mountain towns like Kasauli. Visitors like to onboard the rail from Dharampur to Barog because the most scenic splendor lies on this route.
To Do: Shopping and Ride.
So, if you are planning a holiday to Himachal anytime soon, choosing the best Himachal trip packages is quite easy for you now. Just make sure all these places on your list are covered!
- Top 16 Things to do in Kolkata in 24-hours - July 25, 2019
- Savour These Delicacies While in Bali for a True Gastronomical Treat! - May 29, 2019
- A Seasonal Guide to Sri Lanka – The Pearl of the Indian Ocean 2019 & 2020 - May 24, 2019
- All Set for Ladakh? Follow This Checklist for a Great Trip to The Trans-Himalayan Valley - May 24, 2019
- Six Experiences You Mustn’t Miss in Sri Lanka for A Fabulous Trip! - May 24, 2019
- Planning Guide for A Wonderful Stay in The Snow Land Himachal with Minimum Coin Shilling! - May 24, 2019
- 5 Bazaar Ramadan terbaik di Kuala Lumpur. - May 15, 2019
- Planning to Visit Ladakh? Here is a Seasonal Guide to Help You Plan Your Trip - May 8, 2019
- Visit These 7 Places in Bali For an Exciting Vacation in The Tropical Island! - May 7, 2019
- 8 Best Places to Spend Your Vacation in the Hills of Himachal Pradesh - April 17, 2019