A hill station nestled in the Sahyadri mountains, home to the few evergreen forests in India, pearly white waterfalls and strawberry farms, Mahabaleshwar is a refreshing delight for travellers.
From exploring the misty trails and revisiting local legends, to enjoying jungle treks visiting fresh strawberry farms, this town gives visitors ample opportunities to soak in nature’s beauty and unwind.
Best Time to Visit Mahabaleshwar
Although Mahabaleshwar’s year-long pleasant climate makes it suitable for visits throughout the year, between October-June is the perfect time so as to not have the monsoons restrict your travel.
Places to Visit in Mahabaleshwar
(i) Panchgani, 45-minutes drive from Maaby, is straight out of an Enid Blyton book. Escape to this little town for its dream-like beauty.
(ii) Rocks in formations of an Elephant’s Head are a central feature of the Elephant’s Point. What makes this place special is the panoramic view of the humongous fort of Pratapgarh and the stunning contrast of the sandy patches against the green background.
(iii) Another top attraction is the Chinaman’s Falls. Cascading waterfalls merge into the deep valley of Sahyadri ranges offering visitors a breathtaking sight.
(iv) Venna Lake’s beauty lies in its azure blue waters surrounded by towering woods and grass all around. Visitors can enjoy boating and Chowpatty food to make the most of this place.
(v) Tapola is a satellite village with laid-back vibes. Taking one back to nature, lazy afternoons here give way to sublime evenings. Trek to Vasota Fort in the dense forest to capture a bird’s eye view of the entire region.
(vi) An offbeat trekking trail starting from the village of Dhawale takes you past the village farms and onwards to the Arthur’s Seat Point. At this spot, you can catch the mesmerizing view of the dense valleys and Savitri river.
Where to Eat in Mahabaleshwar
(i) Dig into vegetarian delicacies at Hotel Rajmahal on 80 Main Road.
(ii) Grapevine at Masjid Road has a delectable range of Indian, Continental and Thai dishes, all made using fresh organic produce and a decent selection of alcohol and wines.
(iii) Try out makke ki roti and sarso ka saag at Bagicha Corner, which also happens to be incredibly famous for its strawberry cream, corn pattice, zunka bhakari and corn frankies.
(iv) Dine at Mapro Garden Restaurant for their Italian delight pizzas and chocolate brownies followed by a round of colourful ice cold chuskis.
Where to Shop in Mahabaleshwar
(i) Leather goods, tribal trinkets, home jellies and jams will inevitably find their way to your shopping bag at the Town Bazaar. Don’t forget to buy the freshest of strawberries and raspberries that the town is known for.
(ii) Take home jams, preserves, marmalades, toppings, syrups and squashes manufactured at the Mapro Gardens to treat yourself later.
Located in the Satara district of Maharashtra, Mahabaleshwar is blessed with enduring greenery and a friendly climate. Visit this town for its beautiful hills and valleys, and spend some time out relaxing in the lap of mother nature.
Bonus Tip: Religious Places to Visit, a complete list of Mahabaleshwar Temples
P.s. You might like these related resources:
- Top 12 stay options in Mahabaleshwar: From budget hotels to luxury resorts
- Enjoy the mesmerising beauty of India on your Mahabaleshwar trip
- These Romantic Restaurants in Delhi Will Let You Have a Mini-Getaway - September 25, 2018
- Fun Places for Couples in Delhi You’d Want to Make a Note of - September 25, 2018
- Offbeat Romantic Getaways in Bangalore Within 300 km - September 18, 2018
- 21 Romantic Places in Delhi You Didn’t Know Of - September 14, 2018
- 21 Unusual Weekend Getaways for Couples Near Delhi - September 12, 2018
- Between Beaches and Religion: A Travel Guide to Puri - April 20, 2018
- Hiding Away in Kodaikanal: A Travel Guide - April 20, 2018
- Taking a Holy Dip: A Travel Guide to Haridwar - April 20, 2018
- Getting the Taste of Tibetan Way of Life: A Travel Guide to Dharamshala - April 20, 2018
- Finding Scotland In India: A Travel Guide To Coorg - April 20, 2018