Chill in the air, pumpkin spice everywhere! Yes, winter is finally here.
With a string of long weekends and festivals, the winter this year is ideal to satisfy your wanderlust.
Travel east to Siliguri to take a walk in the rich tea plantations and enjoy the scenic view of eastern Himalayas, or go to Digha to explore its beautiful beaches and ancient temples. Drop by at Mandarmoni while in Digha to visit the longest motorable beach strip for a thrilling experience.
Marvel at the idiosyncratic geography and rich wildlife of Rann of Kutch in West. With desert on one side and sea on the other, you get the best of both worlds in this marshy region. Head further south-west to party like there is no tomorrow in the clubs of Goa or unwind and relax by its many beaches.
Take a sojourn to the picturesque town of Mcleodganj in the north. Abundant in scenic panoramic views, snow-capped peaks, Buddhist monasteries and a vibrant Tibet market, this hometown of His Holiness- Dalai Lama is a perfect place to relax in the lap of nature. Head north-west to the ‘golden city’ of Jaisalmer for a perfect mix of heritage, culture and adventure or visit Jodhpur, ‘The Gateway of Thar’ famous for its Mehrangarh fort, blue houses, temples, lakes, shopping streets and lip-smacking cuisine.
Pack your bags for the idyllic hill station of Munnar down south to enjoy its exotic scenery, diverse flora and fauna and sprawling tea estates. Visit Wayanad for its enchanting waterfalls, historical caves and spice plantations or go to the backwater town of Alleppey(Alappuzha).
So plan your weekend getaways for winter and book soon to avoid the rush-season and wrap up the year in the most picturesque locations with your loved ones!
Weekend Getaway For Winter [2017-2018]
- Siliguri [East]
- Digha [East]
- Mandarmoni [East]
- Goa [West]
- Rann Of Kutch [West]
- Jaisalmer [North]
- McLeod Ganj [North]
- Jodhpur [North]
- Munnar [South]
- Wayanad [South]
- Alleppey [South]
So where are you headed this winter? Let us know below. Bon Voyage!
- 28 Best Weekend Getaways From Delhi Within 300kms – 400kms  - July 19, 2019
- 10 EXCITING WEEKEND GETAWAYS FROM CHENNAI - February 28, 2019
- 28 Exciting Weekend Getaways From Bangalore Within 300 kms - January 3, 2019
- Your Ultimate Guide to Explore Goa - November 10, 2018
- 8 Super Duper Cheap Holiday Destinations In India - January 20, 2018
- Inside The Silicon Valley Of India- Bangalore - December 27, 2017
- Exploring the Forts of Jaipur: Shortcuts and Hidden Passages - December 15, 2017
- A Promenade Through The Blue City: Jodhpur Travel Guide - December 1, 2017
- Gurgaon Beyond Skyscrapers: A Travel Guide - November 23, 2017
- Gangtok Travel Guide: Exploring The Ancient Capital of Sikkim - November 23, 2017