Tourists Permitted To Visit Himachal Pradesh With Prior Hotel Booking Of At Least 5 Days
Himachal Pradesh remains an enigma for Indian travellers who have witnessed this magical land up close and countless more planning to visit anytime soon. After all, there is something about the rugged yet heavenly Himalayan terrain, a mélange of charming and popular hill-stations, outdoor pursuits and adventures galore and of course, the picturesque views all around. Something about the nip in the air and of course, spirituality fused with effervescence. Truly the Land of the Gods as it is affectionately called.
Along with exploring the magical wonderland that is Himachal Pradesh, if you’re into adventure activities like trekking, mountain biking, rock climbing, rafting, ice-skating (yes it is possible in India!) or heli-skiing, you’re considering the right place. The State has a wealth of adventure offerings for travelers willing to literally embrace the adrenaline rush amidst picture-postcard worthy surroundings.
In a rather positive development recently, the Government of Himachal Pradesh has allowed tourists to venture into the State after a long gap owing to the COVID-19 outbreak. In fact, you can now book sanitised hotels at various places in the State provided you have your COVID-19 test report which shows negative. Also, you will have to make a prior hotel booking for a minimum of 5 days. After being locked down for 3 months and more, the reopening of Himachal Pradesh tourism is welcome news if you are truly seeking a calming holiday amidst Nature’s finest, away from the crowds, with solitude and your own thoughts for company.
A few conditions that you will have to meet
Agreed, you have done your hotels booking for 5 days or more and are set to travel to the Land of the Gods sometime soon for unadulterated fun, particularly after being cooped up at home over the last few months. However, a few conditions have to be met as per the directives issued by the Himachal Pradesh Government. Once you follow these guidelines in letter and spirit, you will definitely be able to experience a captivating holiday here with your loved ones. So as mundane as it sounds, do read on!
- Those with valid bookings of a minimum of 5 days will be allowed to enter Himachal Pradesh.
- Quarantine will be exempted for those with negative COVID-19 test reports courtesy laboratories accredited by ICMR within the last 72 hours.
- Registration is mandatory in the e-pass software for inter-state transportation.
- The health and revenue department SOPs (standard operating procedure) as issued by the Government, will have to be carefully followed by those visiting Himachal Pradesh from other Indian States.
- Registration for e-passes can be done at covid19epass.hp.gov.in and vehicles have to be registered if you are traveling by road.
Now that you’re done glancing through the above mentioned rules and regulations, it is time to pack your bags and make a note of all the fascinating places that you can visit in Himachal Pradesh!
Top Himachal Pradesh hotels that you can book now
There are quite a few Himachal Pradesh hotels which are open for business and welcome tourists for secure and comfortable vacations with their loved ones. These hotels offer sanitized stays with all necessary precautions being followed to the hilt. Here are some of the best hotels in Himachal Pradesh that you can book right away for a mesmerizing trip.
- OYO 9392 Villa Riverine
Accessing this hotel is easy, considering its strategic location near the Bhang Bridge on the Rohtang Road in Manali. You will instantly fall in love with the charming décor theme and soothing ambience.
Visit the Manali Snow Point for a glimpse of the heavenly snow-clad peaks that form a beautiful backdrop and make for fabulous snaps at the same time! You can also hop over to Nehru Kund or the Jogini Falls among other tourist landmarks nearby. In the mood for some lip-smacking grub? You can try nearby eateries like Oven in the Garden, Rose Garden Restaurant and others.
Want to get some work done on your holiday as well? Fret not! This hotel offers free Wi-Fi and power backup for seamless connectivity and enhanced productivity alike. You will also appreciate comfort features like televisions, geysers and elegant wooden furnishings in rooms. Large windows open up to amazing hill views while light pastel shades are used for a soothing touch. Ample parking space is also provided for greater convenience.
- OYO 64621 Bokta’s Cottage
Located near the Naggar Road in Aleo, this hotel offers old-world charm at its finest! You will adore the charming wooden cottages overlooking lush natural greenery and a lovely garden. From the sloping red roof and quaint balconies to the sheer sense of warmth on offer, this one promises a splendid holiday ahead!
Being strategically located on the Naggar Road, your cottage offers easy access to a plethora of local attractions. You can stop by the Snow Man Point for a glimpse of the majestic snow-clad Himalayan range or even the Lion King Rock which is a popular tourist landmark. The Museum of Himachal Culture & Folk Art promises a wonderful experience for history and culture lovers while you can shop your heart out at the Manali Bazaar. Nature lovers will appreciate the Manali Nature Park and the sweeping views of the Beas River nearby. Take a meal break at some of the best restaurants and eateries nearby including Vibes, Chopsticks, Amigos German Bakery, La Plage Manali, The Corner House and Club Nirvana Café.
Work and unwind in peace courtesy features like power backup, mini fridges in rooms, tea/coffee makers, 24-7 check-in provisions and free internet. Relish hearty meals at the in-house restaurant or watch some good old television in the quaint rooms with their charming furnishings and fixtures.
- OYO 28868 New Spring View
One of the best Shimla hotels to book now, this establishment is situated near Tattapani, offering quaint rooms and picturesque hilly backdrops.
If you’re in the mood for exploration, check out nearby destinations like Mahori, Karani, Barar and Chhamrot among others. Grab a bite at local favorites like Café Haat and Sharma Sweet Store or check out the famous hot water spring on the banks of the Sutlej River. You will love the thrill of exploring the Shiva Café or simply going rafting while Mahunag, Adventure Park and Chindi are other major attractions situated nearby.
From a kitchen and in-house restaurant to comfortable and spacious rooms, this hotel offers the very best facilities to guests. You will love the wooden furniture and large windows along with the basics like televisions, geysers, room heaters, ample parking space, queen sized comfy beds, 24-7 check-in provisions and more. Free Wi-Fi is a godsend if you’re looking to squeeze in some work on your trip.
- OYO 37898 Tara Aanchal Huts
Some of the best places to visit in Shimla are situated near this hotel which is strategically nestled along the Shoghi Bypass.
Visit the Hanuman Mandir, Mahasu Devta Temple and Shrishti Mata Mandir for enervating and spiritual experiences that calm your mind and soul. Binge on local delicacies at top nearby joints including 45 The Central, Sharma Bhojnalya and Himachali Rasoi. Hiking and trekking enthusiasts will love the excursion up the Jakhoo Hills while Kandaghat and the Viceregal Lodge remain major nearby attractions as well.
Charming, warm rooms with elegant furniture and amazing valley views set the tone for relaxation and unwinding with family members or pals. You will appreciate free Wi-Fi, particularly if you’ve got work in hand while other features include geysers, queen sized beds, televisions, parking, intercom facilities and 24-7 check-in provisions.
- OYO Home 15968 Valley View
Located near the Village Chabbal at Jagjit Nagar Road in Kasauli, this amazing Kasauli hotel will entice you with its gorgeous views of the hills and valley and of course, its big terrace. Proximity to the Kasauli Bus Station and Sonwara Railway Station is a major plus point.
Take drool-worthy sunset pictures at Sunset Point or head out on an exhilarating trek at the Gilbert Nature Trail. Once you’re done, simply shop to your heart’s content and feast on local delicacies at the famous Mall Road.
Alongside the comfortable rooms and warm ambience, you will also appreciate basic features including geysers, televisions and CCTV surveillance across the common premises.
- OYO Home 12223 Exotic Hill View
Nestled in the Village Chabbal at Jagjit Nagar Road in Kasauli, this charming home offers the most delightful mountain views from its balcony.
Sunset Point is a must-visit nearby for the gorgeous vistas that open up at dusk while Baba Balak Nath Temple is a famous temple that you can also check out. Have a ball wandering around the Mall Road, shopping, eating and chilling in general! Manki Point is a popular hilltop point with panoramic views and a charming temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman. Nature lovers can head out to the Gilbert Nature Trail for hiking/trekking.
Comfy and well furnished rooms complete with free Wi-Fi (helpful if work suddenly beckons) and mini fridges, make for an excellent stay at this hotel. You will also love the room heaters and geysers which ensure added warmth (in the literal sense!) during your time here.
- OYO 39449 Sherpa Shell
Located strategically near the Kasba Nirwan Rakkar-Tang Road in picturesque Dharamshala, this four-storied stylish hotel offers picturesque surroundings dotted with greenery and the majestic mountains.
Dig into sumptuous local cuisine at local eateries including Bhagsu Fast Food and Roast and Fry. Head out to view the mesmerizing Bhagsunag Waterfall in all its glory or catch glorious sunsets at the Sunset View Point. His Holiness The Dalai Lama’s Main Temple is worth a visit for its sheer spirituality and peaceful ambience.
LCD televisions, free Wi-Fi and power backup will help you work and entertain yourself without any hassles. Other features include CCTV surveillance throughout the common areas, comfy king sized beds, geysers, a kitchen, 24-7 check-in provisions, parking facilities, an in-house restaurant and more.
- OYO Home 22284 Traditional 2BHK Rakkar
This charming rustic home offers ample warmth and comfort coupled with panoramic views of the pristine landscape. Situated near the Rakkar Road in Sidhbari, the home is well linked to the National Highways 45 and 17 along with the Dharamshala Bus Stand and Kangra Airport.
Shopaholics can indulge in some much-needed retail therapy at the Tibetan Mini Market while savoring authentic Tibetan treats at Tibet Kitchen. View the majestic Bhagsunag Waterfalls and have a blast at the popular Shiva Café.
Warm bedrooms complete with elegant furnishings create the mood for a wonderful vacation. The lovely hill views from the balcony are a major plus point along with CCTV surveillance for common areas and television. Geysers and room heaters keep you snug and comfy at all times.
- Capital O 3153 Sagrika Resort
Snugly nestled on the Court Road in Dalhousie, this resort offers panoramic views of the Himalayas, particularly at the hip rooftop restaurant with buffet.
For a taste of spiritual bliss nearby, visit the St. John’s Church and even the Arya Samaj Mandir. The St. Francis Church is another place worth visiting. Indulge in much-needed retail therapy at the Tibetan Market and Sadar Bazaar along with Gandhi Chowk. Top eateries nearby include the Kwality Restaurant, Seven Spices and Nepoli Restaurant.
You’ll fall for the views and the serene rooms with king sized beds, televisions, seating areas and geysers. Ample parking facilities aside, you will appreciate free Wi-Fi (in case you have to finish some work) and coffee/tea makers for those periodic breaks.
- OYO 46676 J K Imperial
Dalhousie’s famous Rock Garden is a stone’s throw away from this beautiful hotel at Devi Dehra. You will find spacious and bright rooms on offer along with attractive furnishings and décor themes.
Venture out on a tour of famous religious sites including the Jai Pohlani Mata, Jai Mata Di, Nag Devta Mandir and Shiv Temple. As you smell the fresh mountain air and feel spiritual bliss descending down on you, satiate your hunger pangs at nearby eateries like Sher-e-Punjab, Magic Tree Café, Thakur Dhaba and Kwality Restaurant. The Rock Garden, of course, is a major attraction nearby.
This tastefully designed hotel will encourage you to work and play productively and unwind in style at the same time. From free Wi-Fi and power backup to televisions and geysers, there’s everything you could possibly need. The in-house restaurant offers an array of lip-smacking delights as well.
These are some of the best hotels in Himachal Pradesh that you can book now for an enjoyable holiday with your loved ones.
Living it up like the locals
It’s not just about tourists looking for sanitized hotels in the State. Locals sure know how to live it up, particularly those looking for quick and fun weekend breaks from the daily toil and monotony. Here are some of the top options for locals in Himachal Pradesh.
- Jibhi, Tirthan Valley- You will fall in love with this spectacular mountain hamlet surrounded by natural greenery and pristine forests. If relaxation and spending time with family are high on your list, this is the best bet by all means. An untouched and magical land, Jibhi offers beautiful freshwater lakes, pine forests and amazing temple. A cup of tea amidst the chirping of birds and the scenery all around. Pure Bliss.
- Kandaghat, Shoghi- Locals seeking peace and quiet may also head to Kandaghat in Shoghi which is beautifully nestled amidst the majestic Himalayas, offering panoramic views all around. Take a moment to de-stress, savor the clean blue sky and the fresh air here.
- Manali- Of course, one of the hippest destinations in the State, Manali is popular with honeymooners, backpackers, the trendy young crowd and local travelers alike. The beautiful Solang Valley, Nature Park, Hidimba Temple and Jogni Falls are key attractions worth visiting here. Sounds just about right for a weekend or two perhaps?
- Dalhousie- Arguably one of the most beautiful hill stations in India, situated in the Chamba District, Dalhousie is a treat for the soul, with its colonial-era bungalows and villas, amazing views and of course, the sheer beauty all around. Talk about a relaxing weekend and here you have it!
- Dharamshala- The imposing Kangra Valley shields Dharamshala along with the Dhauladhar mountain range. Tibetan culture is one of the biggest attractions in this region including the charming monasteries, the main temple of His Holiness The Dalai Lama himself and of course, the gorgeous cricket stadium which offers panoramic mountain views. There are lovely tea gardens for some captivating experiences as well.
- McLeodganj- Situated approximately 10 kilometres away from Dharamshala, McLeodganj is where followers congregate to catch a glimpse of their spiritual leader, His Holiness, the Dalai Lama. It is often known as Dhasa or Little Lhasa owing to the strong Tibetan contingent here. Tourists love McLeodganj for its strong Tibetan and Buddhist culture, handicrafts, garments, carpets, Thangkas and of course, the lip-smacking delicacies on offer. The acclaimed Triund Trek commences from here as well.
- Shimla- No mention of Himachal Pradesh is complete without talking about Shimla, the number one weekend haunt for locals in surrounding towns and villages. The capital of the State, Shimla has a lot to offer, ranging from the bevy of colonial relics and monuments along with the classic architecture, beautiful churches, pristine temples and natural beauty. From the famous Mall Road (shopping, dining, chilling and what not!) to a horde of natural and manmade wonders, there’s a lot in store for you here!
- Kasauli- Kasauli is one of the most charming hill stations in the Solan District and a cantonment area, which explains its uncluttered and clean surroundings. Set up as a hill station back in 1842 by the British, it is a great weekend destination for residents of nearby areas in the State along with those living in Chandigarh (Kasauli lies just 65 km away from Chandigarh).
- Chail- Located only 44 km away from Shimla, the picturesque Chail offers locals a taste of peace and solitude, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. There are tons of adventure activities on offer and the place is frequented by enthusiastic hikers/trekkers round the years. You can see Solan and Shimla spectacularly from Chail during night-time.
- Barog- A charming little hill station tucked away in the Solan district, Barog has been nominated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Near the Kalka-Shimla Highway and Chandigarh alike, the amazing climate and gorgeous views make Barog a great place for a little jaunt with your near and dear ones.
- Nalagarh- Untouched, pristine and situated in close proximity to Chandigarh and various parts of the State, Nalagarh owes its establishment to the Chandela Rajputs. Interestingly, the famous Fort of Nalagarh was developed in 1421 and offers gorgeous views of the surrounding Shivalik Mountain range along with abundant natural greenery.
- Mandi- Lying in the Mandi District, this is a natural wonder often called as the Varanasi of Hills. It is the point where the Parashar Lake trek commences and the spot from where people visit the Bagi Village. Fascinating remnants of colonial-era buildings, palaces and exquisite architectural motifs are major draws for locals along with its spectacular natural beauty.
Be it locals or tourists, the reopening of hotels in Himachal Pradesh is great news if you have been fancying a trip anytime soon. Stay safe, follow all the Government regulations and unwind in peace. If you have work to do, nothing quite sets the mood as perfectly as the lovely valleys, mountains and soothing climate. Mountain mist mingled with winding pathways, charming houses, gorgeous views, piping hot cups of tea/coffee and delicious grub- You’ll be sorted without a doubt!
Preeti Asri is a SEO Consultant in India. She has a hands-on experience of more than 10 years in SEO. It’s her passion to help online SMEs grow their business. Because she believes that her career graph is directly proportional to how much her clients’ businesses grow organically.