V-day Shopping & Nightlife In Mumbai
Have you been wondering how to spend this Valentine’s Day with your special someone? The answer, if YES (but quite naturally!) will involve planning some fun activities in Mumbai itself along with a bout of shopping which we know that partners thoroughly love (across genders!). The starting point should be booking the best couple friendly hotels in Mumbai while choosing locations which offer easy access to the best shopping and nightlife hubs in the city.
You will find tons of options for couple friendly hotels near me courtesy of OYO Rooms in several Mumbai locations. You can be assured of 100% safe couples getaways within the heart of the city where you will find more privacy, comfort and well-trained staff who will take care of all your requirements with aplomb. On that note, here’s checking out some of the best shopping and nightlife choices for couples to enjoy on Valentine’s Day.
Best shopping choices in Mumbai for Valentine’s Day
Here are some of the best places to visit in Mumbai for Valentine’s Day for shopping purposes.
- Crawford Market- This is one of the top places to visit in Mumbai for shopping on Valentine’s Day. The Crawford Market or Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Mandai, as it is also known, is a great place to shop in Mumbai and is located near the CST (Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus) railway station. The market majorly offers vegetables and fruits within its elegant colonial structure although there are imported food items, toys, pets and a lot more on offer here. It remains open on a daily basis from morning till night with the exception of Sundays when it opens only for the mornings. You can indulge in shopping for spices, food, flowers, fish and a lot more! Nearby hotels include OYO 22039 Hotel BKC Grand and OYO Flagship 76107 Royal Executive among others.
- Colaba Causeway- Colaba Causeway is certainly one of the best ways to spend V-Day afternoons or mornings in Mumbai. The Colaba Causeway market promises a spectacularly unique experience for shoppers. Almost everything is available here along the sidewalk with stalls of various types. You can visit one of the top places to visit in Mumbai nearby which is the Leopold’s Café or even the Café Mondegar which is another charming hangout in South Mumbai. The market remains open every day from morning till night and you can splurge on books, handicrafts, crystals, junk jewelry, clothing and brass items for your significant other here. Nearby hotels include OYO 75262 Hotel Blue Light and many others.
- Chor Bazaar- Take your beloved to Chor Bazaar for an amazing shopping experience to say the least! Chor Bazaar is located within one of Mumbai’s most historic districts and the market has its own legacy spanning more than 150 years as per reports with the name derived from the British pronunciation of Shor Bazaar. You will find this market between the Moulana Shaukat Ali and SV Patel Roads near Mohammed Ali Road, south Mumbai. The market remains open till 7.30 PM from 11 AM every day except Friday which hosts the Juma Market. You will find several vintage artifacts here along with bronze items, antiques and a lot more.
- Zaveri Bazaar- Do you both have a thing for jewelry? Check out the famous gold market in Mumbai, named Zaveri Bazaar, one of India’s oldest and biggest such markets as well. It covers more than 50% of gold trade in India while possessing thousands of stores, many of which go back several centuries. Several buildings look historic and worn out although they have hidden treasures inside. The location is convenient and near the Mumbadevi Temple and Crawford Market. You can walk till the Sheik Memon Street leading up to the Jama Masjid to find this marvel. You can purchase diamond, gold and platinum jewelry along with silver and imitation jewelry galore.
- Linking Road, Bandra- One of the top places to visit in Mumbai for couples on Valentine’s Day for shopping, Linking Road market is located opposite to the R.D. National College and is a great place to buy clothing, accessories and shoes for both women and men. You should check out the Waterfield Road for some amazing boutiques while there are several restaurants and cafes lining Carter Road for a mid-shopping break or two! The Gazebo Shopping Center is also worth a visit here. This popular market is hip, stylish and pocket-friendly while offering a fusion of Eastern and Western sensibilities through its products. Street stalls rub shoulders here with the most premium high-street retail outlets and leading brand names. The location is strategic at Bandra West and the market opens from 10 AM till 10 PM each day. You can also buy traditional apparel, bags, fashion accessories and belts here. Some of the best hotels nearby include OYO 71397 Hotel Guru, Capital O 77295 Hotel Bansidhar Bhuvan and many others.
Best Nightlife Options for Valentine’s Day
There are tons of nightlife options that you can closely check out for Valentine’s Day here. Some of them include the following:
- Foo- This posh bar cum lounge is situated at Phoenix Mall, offering a romantic ambience for Valentine’s Day celebrations along with a wide range of Asian delicacies and remains open till late into the wee hours. You can take your pick from a diverse lineup of Asian Tapas picks for going with your drinks here while choosing from various seating options too.
- The Bar Terminal- If you both love hookah, then this is a must-visit on Valentine’s Day. A bustling and vibrant establishment with great music playing on loop, this is one place where you can expect to have a lot of fun with your beloved. There are karaoke nights hosted by the bar regularly so if you can muster up the courage, showcase your vocal prowess and dedicate a song to him/her as well! You will find this nightlife hotspot easily beside the BSE Building on Hamam Street.
- Bombay Cocktail Bar- Bombay Cocktail Bar is where you should head if you want a casual and relaxing ambience with games of pool for company. They also offer karaoke nights, screenings of sports events and a lot more. You will find this joint near the New Link Road in Andheri Lokhandwala.
Now that you have the lowdown on the best shopping and nightlife destinations in Mumbai, simply list the top places to visit on Valentine’s Day and book couple friendly hotels nearby for a memorable experience with your special someone!
Team of India’s Top-rated Bloggers & Content writers with in-depth experience in hospitality and travel engagement content.