All You Need To Know About Auto Expo 2020
Asia’s biggest automobile show, the Auto Expo, is back with its 15th edition this year. It is scheduled from the 7th through the 12th of February 2020 at India Expo Mart in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. The inauguration ceremony of this gigantic event will be held on 6th February at the Auto Expo venue itself. The Auto Expo 2020 has been jointly organized by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India (ACMA), and it will welcome many new entrants via exciting launches. Around 90 to 100 new vehicles and upgrades of pre-existing products are all set to enter the Indian automobile market. This year the auto expo is entirely dedicated to futuristic technology and green mobility which is slated to bring path-breaking changes within the automobile industry.
The Theme of Auto Expo 2020
The latest edition of this automobile extravaganza is back with the theme “Explore the World of Mobility.” The theme of Auto Expo 2020 highlights the industry’s vision for safer and cleaner shared mobility and sustainability for tomorrow. This means that the 15th edition of the Auto Expo will showcase the latest technologies in the automobile market including a lot of self-driving vehicles, and EVs among other revolutionary trends.
Auto Expo 2020 will showcase a range of products with special concepts during the six days of this fest. These concepts are Enterprise Day, Goodwill Day, Family Day, Women Power Day, Green Day, and Driving Experience Day respectively.
How to Buy Tickets for Auto Expo 2020?
Called the most extravagant motor show of India, the Auto Expo 2020 is a ticketed event where every person aged five and above needs tickets to enter the venue and be a part of the expo. People in wheelchairs are, however, exempt from requiring tickets. The tickets for the Motor Show 2020 are exclusively available on bookmyshow.com. You can easily book your tickets with a few clicks on your smartphone. The tickets are also available at the entrance gate of the venue and selected metro stations including Botanical Garden, Kashmere Gate, and Rajeev Chowk.
This grand event will kickstart on 7th February, 2020 and continue till 12th February, 2020. The tickets for these days are available at different prices. The first day, i.e. Friday, 7th February, is allocated for business visitors and children below the age of 18 are not allowed. People can still visit the expo on this day but the ticket prices are a bit higher. The ticket on this day is priced at INR 750. On weekends, you can get your tickets at INR 475 and the remaining days, the price of the tickets will be INR 350.
Auto Expo 2020 Timings
The biggest event for vehicle enthusiasts and the entire automotive industry, Auto Expo is back with another exciting edition. The Auto Expo timings for this year are a little different as compared to past years. Since the first day, 7th February is dubbed enterprise day, it will commence from 11 am and go on till 7 pm. During the weekends you can attend the event between 11 am and 8 pm and on the remaining days the timings will be from 11 am till 7 pm.
How to Reach the Auto Expo 2020 Venue?
The largest automobile exhibition of the country will be organized at the India Expo Mart in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. One of the most awaited events of the year, Auto Expo 2020 is ready to welcome thousands of visitors to witness this magnificent show.
To reach the Auto Expo venue, the most convenient way is via the metro. The station closest to India Expo Mart is the Knowledge Park II station on the aqua line of Delhi metro. You can check the metro map and follow the route to reach your destination. From here, the venue is just 650 meters away. You can either take a rickshaw or walk to the Auto expo venue. If you plan to visit with your own vehicle, take into consideration the traffic conditions as well as the distance of the venue from the parking lot, which involves a 10-minute walk. You can always rely on cab services that will pick and drop you to the venue without the need for parking.
If you are a tourist coming from a different region of the country to become part of this great automobile expo, you can take a flight to the Indira Gandhi International Airport. From here, you can board Delhi metro to Botanical Garden station and switch to the aqua line and finally deboard at the Knowledge Park II station.
New Entrants at Auto Expo 2020
The 2020 edition of the Auto Expo will witness about 90 to 100 new vehicles and upgrades with over 65 new products by SIAM members alone. Other vehicle introductions will include more than 50 commercial product launches during the event. The list of manufacturers participating in this year’s Auto Expo features new companies including 18 automobile start-ups and few comebacks such as Skoda, Force Motors, and Volkswagen.
New foreign brands that are all set to debut in the Indian market and unveil their products are FAW Haima, Great Wall Motors, and MG Motors. The Chinese giant Great Wall Motors is scheduled to display their battery electric vehicle and several other products from their global portfolio under the concept “Vision 2025.” Also, there is a tremendous increase in the number of start-ups participating in this automobile show. These companies will showcase their technology related products, focusing on green mobility and latest trends.
Auto Expo 2020 will also see more than 30 new products and concepts from first-time participants including MG Motor India, Kia Motors India, and Olectra Greentech, among others. There will be a display of BS-VI upgrades from manufacturers as well. In the EV or electric vehicle segment, several manufacturers will showcase their best technologies that are ideal for Indian markets.
Cars to Look Forward To at the Auto Expo 2020
Here is a list of some of the most exciting cars that are going to grace the largest auto show of the country this year.
1. Kia QYI – Kia motors will preview its new product the QYI, a sub-4m SUV with the same engine options as the Hyundai Venue. It is going to make a pre-production debut at the auto expo 2020 and will be launched around the month of August this year. Other vehicles that will be showcased by Kia motors are the Kia Seltos X-Line Concept and the Kia Carnival.
2. Hyundai Creta 2020 – Featuring new front and rear design and new BS6 engines alonG with an updated cabin layout, the Hyundai Creta compact SUV is all set to mark its debut in India during the expo. The Hyundai Creta 2020 is expected to be launched in the market around March 2020.
3. MG Gloster – The Maxus D90 from MG’s global portfolio will be launched in India as the MG Gloster. This premium three-row SUV is all set to enter the Indian automobile industry and will be displayed in the Auto expo. MG Hector 6-seater, MG G10 MPV and MG Vision-i Concept are other products from MG Motors that will be showcased.
4. GWM Ora R1 – The Chinese car manufacturer, Great Wall Motor will be marking its debut at the upcoming auto expo in Delhi with its major attractions, Ora R1 which is termed as the most affordable EV in the world. GWM Haval F7 is another product that will be displayed in the expo this year.
5. Volkswagen T-Roc – The T-Roc is a compact SUV with premium features and unique designs that will be launched in the country by mid-2020. It is one of the products from the range of future SUV from Volkswagen.
Some other Auto Expo cars to be showcased this year include Skoda Rapid TSI, Skoda Octavia vRS245, Volkswagen A0 SUV, Mercedes-Benz EQA, and Mercedes-Benz AMG GT 4-door Coupe to name a few.
Bikes Coming To Auto Expo 2020
The Auto Expo 2020 is a great platform for the automobile manufacturers to showcase their new two-wheeler launches including both bikes and scooters. Some of the top Auto Expo bikes to look forward to in the expo are –
- Vespa VXL – Piaggio will present their entire scooter range including Vespa VXL with BS6 engine at the upcoming Auto Expo. Vespa VXL is currently available in two variants: 125cc motor and 150cc. Piaggio might unveil a new entry-level scooter as well.
- Aprilia: This renowned Italian motorcycle company is all set to unveil its BS-6 variant of SR125 and SR160 during the Auto Expo 2020. Certain changes are also made in the looks and designs for SR160.
- Suzuki: Suzuki, the Japanese automobile major is also going to reveal a powerful version of the Intruder with a 250cc single-cylinder motor.
Things To Keep in Mind While Attending the Auto Expo
- are traveling with luggage you will have to keep them in the luggage room available near the entry gates.
- People visiting the expo with their vehicles, make sure to park the vehicle only at the designated parking area.
- Packed or unpacked food, bottled water, and beverages of any kind are not allowed inside the venue. You can buy snacks inside the venue.
Hey! I'm Gauri. Sagittarius by birth, clumsy by choice. An engineer turned writer. Loves animals tolerate humans. Has a thing for pizza and old books. Expertize in awkward conversations and creepy smiles.
Follow On: Instagram