As you all know, China has been facing the novel Coronavirus epidemic, and are cognizant and continuously discussing the situation. Prayers of all the OYOpreneurs worldwide are with you and we are here to ensure we take the right steps.
The situation has propagated our leadership to come together and take some important steps keeping in mind the health and safety of our OYOpreneurs in the country.
- All OYOpreneurs are encouraged to work from home until February 16, 2020, reduce travel, limit any work-related trips and prioritize their well-being
- We have set up a dedicated Fund of 1 mn+ RMB, created with the contributions from OYO Global and all OYOpreneurs, to support infected employees and their family members
- We are requesting all OYOpreneurs to report any personal or family health-related concern to the line manager or HRBP, so we can step in and support as required
- We have procured 60K masks for OYOpreneurs and their family members. We are continuing to procure more masks, globally
- We will support reasonable hotel closure to protect the safety of franchise hotel owners, hotel staff and guests
- We will do our best to mobilize resources to provide reasonable MG support to help hotel owners who run regular business to reduce losses and overcome difficulties together with the best possible effort
- We will offer an exemption of commission for newly signed and re-signed hotel owners. The commission will be exempted for 60 days in severely affected areas, and for 30 days for other areas
- The brand transformation fee will be put on hold and will be charged as appropriate once the epidemic is over
- We have planned online training on hygiene and epidemic prevention, for our teams and asset owners to better equip them for the future
- We will continue to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness at our hotels, and ensure we use the best quality disposable sheets and disinfectants available in the market
- We will continuously monitor the health of our staff members who frequently visit public places
- We will leverage technology solutions that deliver easy and hassle-free check-in, check out and online payment experience, to minimize people-to-people contact
- All bookings made till Feb 29, 2020, will be fully refundable. Our guests can call on OYO’s customer service hotline at 10101066 for booking-related requests.
- In a small effort to support our friends and family impacted by this virus, Xiao Li will dedicate 100% of Salary for the efforts to support the cause.
- All other global and Chinese leaders, and employees of OYO will also get the opportunity to opt in to share a small part of their salary.
It is honestly not about the amount, but it’s about giving back the love and support we have been lucky to receive from the benevolent and resilient Chinese society. Our efforts may seem like a drop in the ocean, but we know that the ocean will be a drop less without it.
So, let’s come together and help each other emerge stronger from this crisis.