Sunburn Festival 2019, Goa
Considered among the world’s best music festivals, Sunburn is a paradise for music festival-goers in the country! Ever since its inception, EDM fans in Asia and across the globe have flocked to this mecca of Electronic Music. And true to its name, Sunburn 2019 Goa promises to be an absolute rager for its 12th edition this year! It was in 2007 when Sunburn Goa first swept into India’s music festival scene. And our lives haven’t been the same ever since! Today, it continues to be India’s leading dance music festival, with artist line-ups and dizzyingly brilliant production that gets better with each edition.
Sunburn Goa has multiple stages showcasing some of the best electronic music in the world. Sunburn’s colossal main stage, called ‘Cubezoid,’ is often said to be Asia’s largest. A turnout of over 300,000 attendees, enormous stages, and insanely chill vibes – this ultimate dance party is the destination to be each year! The festival’s popularity has soared over the years to make it the third-largest dance festival in the world, after Tomorrowland and Ultra. Music lovers from over 52 countries travel all the way to India each year for the Sunburn extravaganza!
The 12th Edition
After changing its home base to Pune for the past couple of editions, Sunburn returns to Goa this year! The festival is a three-day celebration from 27th December to 29th December 2019.
With the boho vibes of Vagator Beach as the venue, music lovers have the perfect location for the biggest party in the country. White sands and the endless sea, gorgeous sea cliffs and stunning sunsets, and music that makes life worth living – put your hands up for Sunburn Goa coming back home for 2019! And celebrating this homecoming is the festival’s fitting 2019 theme – Here We Go Again.
Artist Line Up
The artist line-up at the festival never disappoints, and Sunburn Goa 2019 is taking things to the next level! The Chainsmokers, Martin Garrix, DJ Snake, Jonas Blue, Fedde La Grand, Flume, Maceo Plex, Luciano, Ritviz, and Anish Sood – just some of the acts making their way to Vagator Beach. And probably the biggest line-up Sunburn has had yet.
The Ultimate Carnival
If the epic artist-line up wasn’t enough to get you to Goa, the out-of-the-world production at the festival just might! And going by previous editions, Sunburn Goa promises to be a visual delight! The festival is a technicolour dream come to life – massive stages, trippy laser lights, one stellar act after another, and a happy crowd bouncing to that bass drop! And imagine all of this against the backdrop of a Goan sunset over the waters of the Arabian Sea!
The Best Time of the Year
Sunburn Music Festival usually takes place in the last week of December, just in time to welcome the New Year in style! Since the world is already geared up to celebrate this time of the year, why not make it even more epic at Sunburn Goa? There’s always something happening in Goa, but there’s really no party like a Sunburn party! Also, did we mention how the weather in Goa is absolutely gorgeous this time of the year?
Music and More
Before the festival begins, you can attend several exciting workshops conducted as part of the festival celebrations! There’s something in it for everyone from tattoo-making, drumming, kite-making, dream catchers, or learning to play an instrument. Sunburn Goa knows how to keep guests happy and entertained throughout! Once you’ve indulged your creative juices, get set for the main festival that begins in the evening and goes on till the wee hours.
Sunburn also organizes a number of other fun activities before the main festival such as zorbing, bungee jumping, giant-wheel rides, mechanical bull ride, and the adventure zipline.
Friendships Across Continents
Sunburn Goa has a massive fan following, not only in India and Asia but across the world! EDM fans from over 52 countries find their way to India every year to witness this spectacular dance festival. Some of the best friendships and connections usually happen over a shared love of music. And we know so many whose bonds have only grown stronger after meeting at Sunburn Goa! Make the most of this experience by letting go of your inhibitions. The music will do most of the work for you, but it’s always great to put yourself out there and meet interesting people from across the world.
Discover New Music
One of the great things about Sunburn Goa is the beautiful journey of musical discovery at the festival. It’s a place where you can groove to the beats of both famous international artists and fresh sounds by talented new artists across the world. Upcoming musicians usually play in earlier slots, so make sure to get to the festival in time to catch their acts. You might just end up discovering the next earworm that’s going into your playlist here!
Discover Exactly What Makes the Music Electric
True-blooded EDM fans know their electronic music inside out! But if you’re the kind who secretly can’t tell the difference between house or trance, consider Sunburn Goa to be a fun music education!
Get up-close, personal, and move to musical styles such as trap, techno, trance, electronica, hardstyle, and house! With over 150 DJs performing on five different stages, you won’t know where the party begins or ends! Sunburn Goa is a sensory overload of the best kind with LED light shows, lasers, and a sound system that is out of this world!
Sunburn Goa has security around-the-clock to ensure festival-goers are safe all the time! Security personnel and police officers are always on the lookout for your welfare as you party the night away. Be kind, don’t get in the way, and acknowledge their efforts towards keeping the festival safe and everyone having the best time of their lives!
1:00 PM to 3:00 PM is happy hours on each day of the festival. Enjoy great discounts on food and beverages during this time!
In and Around the Festival
There are plenty of exciting things to do outside the festival as well – from shopping, food, and meeting the locals.
Visit some of the vibrant flea markets and score great curios at amazingly discounted rates! As you keep strolling, you might encounter a musician or a crazy acrobatic act right in the middle of the market!
‘Campout’ is a fun town to camp at nearby after a fabulous time at the festival! The party goes on here, long after the dazzling lights of Sunburn Goa have faded and probably till the sun comes up the next morning!
Friendly Guidelines for the Festival
- Sunburn Goa attendees need to be at least 15 years old to enter the festival
- A valid photo ID like driving license, passport, voter’s ID, etc. is mandatory while entering the venue
- Only people with multiple-day tickets can re-enter the venue. People who buy a single-day ticket will not be allowed to re-enter the event venue
- If you purchased your Sunburn Goa 2019 tickets online, the festival wristband for entry to the venue is usually delivered to your address at least a week before. In case this doesn’t happen, it’s still possible to collect it from the counter at the venue
- Possession or sale of drugs is strictly prohibited at this festival. Anyone found with these substances will be liable to the strictest punishment as per the law
- Professional cameras and other recording devices are not allowed inside the venue
- Food or beverages from outside are not permitted at the festival
- Regular festival-goers have – at one time or another – felt the pain when friends wander off and you can’t find each other, sometimes for hours! It’s always good to decide a common meeting point and time beforehand, in case someone gets lost or preoccupied. And trust us, this will happen!
- Make a slightly early exit before the end of the festival to avoid the mad rush that happens after! Hire a two-wheeler or a cab beforehand to ensure someone sober is driving you back
- Finally, a critical PSA for the festival and also otherwise – please don’t drink and drive!
Ticket Booking Details
- Tickets are available at the venue as well as online. It is always ideal to book tickets months ahead for the best rates! If that’s not possible, we recommend booking them at the earliest
- Early bird offers on BookMyShow have amazing discounts on the tickets
- VIP passes give you access to a separate lounge, food, drinks, and the best views of the stage
- Sunburn Goa 2019 tickets fall into different categories, such as a one-day ticket, two-day ticket, or multiple entry tickets. You are allowed re-entry only if you buy a multiple entry ticket
- A total of 10 tickets per transaction can be purchased
- A refund is usually not possible in case you cancel or reschedule a ticket
Whether you’re an EDM fanatic or a total newbie in the electronic music scene, Sunburn Goa is an experience worth having! The festival’s energy and carnival vibe are sure to bring out the party animal in you! What are you waiting for, then? Book those tickets and get bouncing to Sunburn Goa 2019!
Hey! I'm Gauri. Sagittarius by birth, clumsy by choice. An engineer turned writer. Loves animals tolerate humans. Has a thing for pizza and old books. Expertize in awkward conversations and creepy smiles.
Follow On: Instagram