Solan is one of the latest rapidly developing tourist destination that provides quick access to a number of hill stations in and has a lot to offer to visitors. Surrounded by hills and mountains, the place attracts outdoor enthusiasts, history buffs, and worshippers to the area’s three famous temples.
Solan was built by the British in the late 19th century and is a recognized UNESCO World Heritage site. Sloping roofs, high arches, and wooden or stone carvings are visible throughout the town, reminiscent of British architecture.
The Shoolini Devi Temple, Hari Mandir, and Jatoli Temple are a must-see for worshippers. Pandavas Cave at Mount Karol, Churdhar Peak and many hill stations are a short drive from Solan. The railway station in Solan is one of the highest in the world, and Asia’s first brewery cooperative can be seen at the Mohan Meakin. The ruin of the Gurkha Fort is a fantastic place to visit for 360-degree views of the mountains and valley below.
No matter your interest, homestays in Solan cater to all the needs of budget and luxury tourists.
Solan can be accessed in three ways. The nearest airport is in Shimla, which is at a short 50 km drive. There are currently 44 trains that pass through Solan in a myriad of directions. Also, it’s possible to drive from Chandigarh. Solan may soon have a few tourist minibuses so that sightseeing tours could be arranged to key attractions.
Each OYO Home offers a warm and private atmosphere to guests, which is ideal for groups or families travelling together. Also, expect a large yet affordable home with all of your needs provided for- generally including temperature control, RO water, a refrigerator and simple kitchen, geyser, wardrobe, and a TV. In the common area, you will find a seating and dining area. Each OYO Home is well-maintained to meet your expectations.
Privacy and comfort are the best parts about booking a homestay in Solan. There are plenty of options where groups and families can enjoy each other’s company without having to be restricted to single rooms. A family vacation, a friends’ reunion and even corporate retreats can use homestays for comfortable and budget-friendly lodging.
Security is also offered in every OYO holiday home in Solan in the form of CCTV cameras. Travel safely and securely.
The best homestays in Solan are close to the centre of town or Mall Road. Check out these five OYO Homestays that offer luxury deals:
1. Dreamland 3bhk in Solan is very close to the Shoolini Temple. This highly rated homestay includes a kitchen, dining and living room, TV, geyser, and room heaters. Located close to the centre of Solan, this homestay is best for travellers planning to spend plenty of time in town.
2. Solan Valley View near Panchparmeshvar Temple is a cosy and bright option for single travellers or couples. All of your basics are covered with a TV, geyser, parking facilities and plenty of wardrobe space, and a gorgeous view from the balcony.
3. Whistling Pine 2BHK is located in the heart of the town. The Shilli Wildlife Sanctuary is visible from one side of the property and the valley is seen on the other. Each room has a TV, geyser, and room heater. The kitchen offers plenty of space, as does the dining area, living room and two balconies. Such a unique stay!
4. Captivating Stay in Solan is ideal for large groups. This listing is located near to the Mohan Shakti National Heritage Park. Book as many beds as you need in this 6+ room home. There is an in-house restaurant, parking facility, TV and geyser in each room. Indoor and outdoor dining areas give this home an extra level of comfort.
5. Exotic View 2BHK near Pachparmeshvar Temple is a top-rated homestay in Solan. If you’re visiting temples in Solan, check out this place for its close proximity. A gated entrance, living room, dining area and kitchen greet travellers. Each room has a TV, wardrobe, and geyser, as well as comfortable beds!
OYO Home offers a lot of options for luxurious holiday homes in Solan to tourists.
Budget travellers make up the majority of tourists in Solan. You can experience a great time while availing all the comforts of a home without emptying your wallet. Check out these five economical OYO Home options:
1. Aanji 2BHK Home in Solan is an affordable option for a small group travelling together. The kitchen is equipped with all the basics, as well as a dining room and living room. There is a TV, wardrobe and geyser in each room, and a wide-open patio around the property.
2. Exotic Subathu in Jadla Village is better suited for couples or solo travellers. An in-house restaurant, parking, shared balconies, room heaters, TV and geyser can be found here.
3. Cosy Stay in Aanji is a perfect option for large groups travelling on a small budget. Over 135 guests have rated this homestay as an excellent option, which includes a bathtub. Each room has a TV, geyser and additional seating. Parking is provided as well. Book as many rooms as you need.
4. Mohan Park 1BHK is a quaint little home with parking, adequate seating, a kitchen, extra storage, and a mini-fridge. A TV and hand-held shower head are bonus features. It is located close to Mohan Park, a popular tourist spot.
5. Modern 1BHK on Anji Road is a new addition that looks very promising. It includes a small kitchen, dining area, wardrobe space, a TV, geyser and a parking space.
Explore more holiday homes in Solan that fit your budget
Foodies would enjoy staying near the Mall Road in Solan due to its close proximity to highly rated restaurants and cafes. Pachole, a traditional Solan delicacy, is a must try. A beer lover’s delight - Asia’s first brewery cooperative can be seen at the Mohan Meakin.
Use the search filters on the Home section of the OYO website to find the best options for your trip. Booking ahead of time will give you plenty of homestays to consider, and you're likely to book a homestay for INR 1201! Choose from different varieties of homestays in Solan to fit the size of your group. Staying in these calm and well-maintained homes will allow you the chance to enjoy Solan’s quaint eateries, British heritage and stunning outdoors.
Families with children would find that staying in the city of Solan is the best option. There’s a handful of children’s parks, malls, theme parks, fountains and landscaped gardens, trolleys, and museums to keep your little ones busy. Corporate groups and adult travellers would also enjoy staying in town, yet might find it more peaceful to book a homestay on the outskirts of town or near NH-22.
The Shoolini Devi Temple, Hari Mandir, and Jatoli Temple are a holy triangle for the religious ones staying in Solan. Each temple has a famous annual celebration.
The top of Karol Peak has a cave that, according to legends, is one of the places where the Pandavas stayed during their exile. Solan is also known for being the spot where the Irish Mutiny of 1920 against the British Army took place.
Visitors should also take a detour to the railway station in Solan as it is one of the highest in the world, and it’s an impressive site to see. To the east of the town is the Matiul Peak and to the north is Karol Peak which is the highest peak in the region at a height of 2,000 m.
Mohan Shakti National Heritage Park covers over 40 acres of land on the right bank of river Ashwani. At the centre of the park, is a grand temple where a magnificent collection of statues of gods and goddesses are installed.
These are some great locations for you to pick from, but always find out if the roads are open on the day of your trip.
If you are looking for an offbeat destination to visit in Himachal Pradesh, choose Solan. This district is about 46 km away from Shimla and provides lush wildlife, great sceneries and great experiences that are undisturbed by crowded tourists. There are so many beautiful homestays that you can stay in when you visit Solan. These offer the best way to explore this pretty city like a local. You can log onto the Home sectio of the OYO website to find the list of all possible homestays available around Solan. You can then use the location filter to find properties away from the main city. These are extremely peaceful places to stay in.
In Solan, homestays are spread across the entire district. Few are near the city centre and are perfect for easy commutation and shopping. Few others are nestled amidst the hills, offering privacy, solace and amazing views. Depending on what kind of vacation you want, you can pick your holiday homes. The popular locations these are present in are Chaunrighat, Kharil, Chambagha, Naoni, Dharampur, City Hospital, Deoghat, and Dagshai. Valley view properties are good choices and these are always in demand. You can book single rooms if you are travelling solo or as a couple. Slightly bigger family rooms are also available. For larger groups, the entire property can be booked. Browse through the OYO Homes in Solan webpage to find the best available holiday homes right now in Solan.
A homestay has to make the guest/s feel at home and comfortable, just like they would in their homes. This is why all properties on the OYO website come with basic amenities required for a comfortable stay. You can expect full power back up in case there is a power cut. Instead of having to buy bottled water for drinking and cooking, you can use water from the RO instilled in every homestay. You can also expect a fridge in every property. To make it easier for guests to make their own food, the properties come with an induction cook top, microwave oven and all utensils needed for cooking.
The prices of homestays on the Home section of the OYO website range from budget to luxury options. The budget friendly homes are economical and offer full value for money. These consist of rooms with a nice view, clean and hygienic property, and all basic amenities needed to stay comfortably. The luxury properties offer great views of the hills and valleys around Solan. These are also located in prime spots. The property comes with vast open gardens, antique and comfortable furniture and cosy rooms. You can use the ‘price’ filter on the website or the mobile application to narrow down homestays in your price range.
Some properties in Solan will have a caretaker. If you require the presence of one, you can inquire about the same while booking your stay. Housekeeping staff is available on demand. Thus, you get complete privacy and independence. The rooms will be made up and ready when you check in. OYO’s customer team will assist you with all the issues that you have before and during your stay.
Lots of people like cooking their own food while travelling and vacationing. This is the best way to ensure they don’t fall sick during the travel period. If you have the same philosophy, you can use the kitchen at the homestay premises to cook your own food. Since the kitchen is fully equipped, you'll only require basic ingredients to cook your food. Mushrooms, sweet corn, and seasonal fruits and vegetables are famous in Solan and are the best ingredients to cook with. You can try making Dham, Mittha, Sidu and Kadoo ka Khatta, which are some popular delicacies in Himachal Pradesh.
If you are an adventure lover, then you should put on your trekking shoes and walk around the place to enjoy the beauty. For others, taxis are the most common mode of transportation. You can hire taxis to pick you up from the homestay, take you around and drop you back. Buses are also available if you are a budget conscious traveller.
The best budget homestays should cost you next to nothing for a day’s stay and yet offer facilities, required for a comfortable stay. There are several properties available on OYO’s app and website that you can screen through using the price filter on the site. Now you can read through the property details, check for facilities offered and then book the best budget homestay in Solan. Below are a few properties that will inspire you.
If you are taking a vacation after a long time and want nothing but the best during this period, pick up luxury properties from OYO Home. These properties are all personally verified by the OYO team and give you amazing service and stunning locations. These properties are spacious, homely and will ensure you have a great time. You can check out the few top luxury and famous properties available in Solan here.
The decision of booking an individual room or an entire property rests solely with you and your fellow travellers. If you are fine with sharing the property with other guests, you can book individual rooms. For others who love their privacy and independence, booking the whole property can prove to be a smarter move. Both options can be availed on the Home section of OYO’s website.