On April Fool’s Day, the internet usually gets flooded with gag pages. It’s predictable and a little boring. That’s where our Fool Proof campaign came in. It was a contest that got the consumers convinced that it is yet another gag but it really wasn’t. We had a special surprise for the believers! Those who stuck with us till the very end of it won a stay at an OYO of their choice.
How we didn’t fool people on Fool’s Day:
• We invited people to log on to our ‘Fool-Proof’ micro-site between 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm on 1st April.
• We told our followers that it’s a great opportunity for them to win a great prize without telling them what exactly it is.
• A large number of people came to the landing page and did not participate thinking it’s a prank.
• We asked questions like ‘What’s your favourite colour?’ which confused people even more.
• People who completed the journey and answered all our random questions won an OYO Voucher worth Rs. 2500.
Overall, we had great fun with the believers and the non-believers and we got to see some exciting Twitter conversations. In the end, we would just like to say that we’re not here to fool anyone guys! 😉
If would like to give us feedback, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.