This tour takes you to Chirstchurch, Queenstown, Twizel, Fjordland National park and everything southern the island has to offer. Christchurch is New Zealand’s second-largest city and the gateway to the South Island. Bordered by hills and the Pacific Ocean, it is situated on the edge of the Canterbury Plains that stretch to the Southern Alps. Queenstown is the adventure capital of New Zealand and is the Mecca for adventure sports. Hop on this RLT trip to experience the best of New Zealand.
Christchurch – Queenstown – Milford Sound
DAY 01: Welcome To New Zealand: Arrive in Christchurch
RLT Welcome you to New Zealand; step down in Chrischurch well known as Garden City. After Meet & Greet service, RLT Manager will transfer you to your hotel by private car.
The rest of the day is free for you to explore. You will be surprised by the choices this magnificent city has to offer, you can ski at a world-class alpine resort, play golf, bungee jump, raft, mountain bike, hot-air balloon, wind surf, whale watch and visit internationally-acclaimed wineries and gardens. Overnight stay at Christchurch.
DAY 02: Christchurch – Queenstown
This morning, we take off on the 483 km drive from Christchurch to Queenstown. Travel through the rich pastoral farm land of the Canterbury Plains and the ever-changing spectacular scenery at the foothills of the Southern Alps, before arriving at Lake Tekapo. Continue south to the small town of Twizel before travelling through the historic Central Otago region to Lake Wakatipu and the ‘Alpine Resort’ of Queenstown, exciting, sophisticated and fantastically scenic. Upon arrival, check in and unwind at your hotel. There is a huge choice of chic cafes, restaurants and bars in Queenstown. Overnight stay at Queenstown.
- Optional Activity In Christchruch
- International Antarctic Centre – Christchurch (Xtreme Pass)Antarctic Centre is Christchurch’s leading visitor attraction and is located in the heart of a working Antarctic campus at Christchurch International Airport. It is from here that many Antarctic missions are organized. The Aquarium displays some of the actual specimens from the Antarctic ocean floor in McMurdo Sound. Explore the Gallery area encourages ‘touching’ of most of the exhibits to ensure visitors experience Antarctica in a fun and interactive way. Climb aboard the amazing Hagglund genuine as-used-in-Antarctica all terrain vehicle, sit back, hold on and experience travelling across rough terrain in this unique and exciting machine!Pick Up Point – Christchurch International Antarctic Centre (xtreme Pass)
Pick Up Time – 05:00 hrs
Duration – 05:00 hrs
DAY 03: Queenstown
Today we do a day trip from Queenstown exploring the marvelous Milford Sound and Fiordland National Park by air-conditioned coach . Discover ancient forest, stunning waterfalls and towering mountain peaks on your full day tour to the World Heritage listed Fjordland National park. Experience an unforgettable cruise aboard a Milford Sound Red Boat to experience the pristine scenery, towering peaks, waterfalls and marine and bird life. Cruise through incredible Mitre peak, Bowen Falls, Stirling Falls and Seal point. Milford Sound is a world-renowned natural wonder. Nowhere else in Fjordland do the mountains stand so tall, straight out of the Sea. Luxuriant rainforest clings to sheer rock walls and waterfalls tumble hundreds of metres to the sea below. In Maori legend, this landscape was created by Tu Te Raki Whanoa who carved the fiords with a magical daze. Without doubt, Milford Sound (Piopiotahi) is his finest creation. Whatever the fiord’s mood – brooding and wet, or tranquil in the sunshine – it will inspire you.
Pick Up Point – Hotel
Pick Up Time – 07:30 Hrs
Duration – Full Day
Overnight stay at Queenstown.
DAY 04: Queenstown
After a hearty breakfast, get set to experience what Queenstown has to offer. Get your adventure streak on. You can choose from the numerous sports this city has to offer. Let our RLT Tour Representative guide you through and you will have the most adventurous day!
- Optional Activities in Queenstown:
- Earnslaw Cruise (Entrance Only) Step aboard, watch the stokers fuelling the fire boxes and hear the hiss of the steam engines as the Earnslaw takes you on a nostalgic cruise of Lake Wakatipu. Cruising on the “Lady of the Lake” is like stepping back in time. The 1.5 hour cruise on the TSS Earnslaw showcases some of Lake Wakatipu’s most beautiful alpine scenery and allows plenty of time to explore the decks and bridge. Pick Up Point – Earnslaw Cruise, Duration: 01 Hr 30 Mins
Queenstown Nzone Tandem Skydiving – 12000 Feet Jump (Seat in Coach)
Queenstown is the best place in the world to ‘Jump out of an Aeroplane’! The Dropzone is located at the base of the famous Remarkables mountain range surrounded by a working sheep farm. Harnessed by space age materials to an experienced qualified Jumpmaster, you step out that aircraft door and for some 45 seconds you plummet toward the ground at 200kph, Terminal Velocity.
Pick Up Point – Queenstown Nzone Tandem Skydiving – 12000 Feet Jump (seat In Coach), Duration – 03:00 hrs
Kawarau Bungee Jump (Seat in Coach)
The Kawarau Bridge Bungee is home to the original 43-metre Bungee Jump. At the world’s best-loved Bungy site, you can choose from a number of options; topple over backwards, forwards, with another person, spin or somersault.Pick Up Point – Kawarau Bungy Jump (seat In Coach), Duration – 02:50 hrs
Jet Boat Ride (Seat In Coach)
Tight, narrow channels, overhanging rocks and old mining relics embedded in the river make this an obstacle course like no other. You hurtle down the river at speeds of up to 50 mph (80 kph), which could let you skip the beauty of Skippers Canyon.
Pick Up Point – Jet Boat Ride (seat In Coach), Duration – 01:30 hrs
DAY 05: Queenstown – Christchurch
Today we start back for Christchurch. After breakfast, travel from the Central Otago region and on to Twizel. Follow the shores of Lake Pukkai to ‘Aoraki’ Mt. Cook, the cloud piercer and New Zealand’s highest mountain and be mesmerized. Visit the amazing Church of the Good Shepherd at Lake Tekapo before travelling across the Canterbury Plains to arrive in Christchurch by coach. The evening is at leisure and Overnight stay at Christchurch.
Recommendation: Christchurch has an amazing range of nightlife options, from eclectic urban courtyards to popular riverside pubs.
DAY 06: It’s your Last day at Christchurch
Bid goodbyes to this amazing country and our RLT Tour Manager. Today you will be transferred to Christchurch Airport by coach for your flight back home with some life long memories to cherish.
- Accommodation in 3 star hotels including breakfast.
- Airport transfers on Seat In Coach basis.
- Sightseeing tours as mentioned in the itinerary on Seat In Coach basis.
- Services of an English speaking driver.
- Entrance fees to visit attractions as per itinerary.
- International and domestic airfare.
- Airport taxes.
- Visa charges.
- Overseas Medical Insurance.
- Meals, Tips, Laundry, telephone, optional excursions and other items of a personal nature.
- Govt. Service Tax of 3.09% on the totat billing amount
- Cost of foreign exchange for personal use.
- Any items or services not specified in the itinerary ‘Package Includes’ head.
- The exchange rate of Euro/USD/ AUD keeps on fluctuating. Euro/ USD/ AUD will be charged as per the Forex Card rate of HDFC Bank on the day/date of final payment