- A tourist doesn’t mind being called a tourist. A traveller does, very much.
- A tourist wants to see all the sights. A traveller wants to see some, but also to find something interesting that isn’t in the guidebook.
- A tourist tries foreign food but acts like they’re putting a grenade in their mouth. A traveller eats the local food with abandon and spends the next 3 days on the toilet.
- A tourist takes photos of all the famous stuff. A traveller takes pictures of ordinary people and things and is rewarded by the locals with gratitude or puzzlement.
- A tourist will go to McDonalds in a foreign country, with no shame. Atraveller will go there too but not tell anyone.
- Tourists tend to travel in large groups or families. Travellers tend to travel solo, or with one other person, thus not blocking the pavement, Thank You.
- A tourist will learn a few words of the local language. A traveller will too, but act like they know more.
- A tourist gets ripped off. A traveller haggles.
- Tourists (the British ones at least) get drunk. Travellers also get drunk but ensure their drinking money is going directly to the local community.
- Tourists go on holiday. Travellers go travelling.
Total 0 Votes