If you are someone who likes to take a stroll amidst nature, relax by the sea, bask under the beach sun, feel the cool breeze, and delve into the nightlife, then Sri Lanka is the ideal place to visit. Besides being a happening place, it is rich in history and cultures too. Moreover, if you love adventures, then Sri Lanka has ample scopes for you to enjoy. Our Sri Lanka Travel Guide will help you gather the best experience of all and more!
Best Time to Visit Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka stands out to be a year-round traveling destination due to its tropical climate. We are here with our Sri Lanka Travel Guide to let you know about the best time to visit Sri Lanka. With only two short monsoon periods, you can find great beach weather and moderate climate, here. The northeast region of Sri Lanka experiences rain from the months of October to February while the southwest region remains wet from the months of April to September. Thus, Sri Lanka Best Time to Visit is from the month of December to the month of March. During this time, the lands of Sri Lanka remain dry, making it easier for the tourists to roam around and do Sri Lanka City Tour. It also opens a getaway for experiencing several water sports and activities.
How to Reach Sri Lanka
We have come up with a number of transport options to reach Sri Lanka through our Sri Lanka Travel Guide. These options range from affordable to luxury, providing the convenience of choosing according to budget, to the tourists. With our Sri Lanka Tour Guide, you can reach by air, and by water. The easiest way to reach Sri Lanka is by air, from the Bandaranaike International Airport. The curators of our Sri Lanka Travel Guide have ranked the airport of Colombia to be one of the convenient travel hubs in the city due to its major connectivity. There is another airport called the Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport, located in the southernmost town of Mattala, in Sri Lanka but the availability of flights are still not frequent.
Besides air routes, our trip crafters have come up with a number of sea routes options in the Sri Lanka Travel Guide. Previously, ferry services were available from Chennai to Colombo but presently, it has been upgraded to cruise services from Mumbai to Colombo. If you are looking for premium Sri Lanka Packages, then opt for a 7-days luxurious cruise liner journey to Colombo at your own comfort. The affordability factor depends greatly on the type of cruise services and packages you choose. You can enjoy live entertainment shows and music, and sightseeing to Kandy and Nuwara Eliya, in the course of the journey. You will also get a chance to indulge yourself in a few adventures and water sports activities during the cruise journey.
Things You Need for Your Sri Lanka Trip
In our Sri Lanka Travel Guide, we will give you some Sri Lanka Travel Tips which will definitely help you in packing for your upcoming package for Sri Lankan vacation. Make sure you are packing light luggage with more essential items because you’ll definitely get tired of traveling with heavy luggage bags.
- Clothing – As the destination experiences a tropical climate, carry light clothing with a few warmer clothes for the night-time. Re-wearing and customizing your clothes can be done by self-washing them or by giving them to the nearby laundry. The Sri Lanka weather is dry which helps to dry your clothing very fast.
- Swimsuits and toiletries – Swimwears or Sarongs is a must for your beach holiday along with some light, flat, and comfortable sandals. Bath suits, quick-drying towels, and personal shower gels must be there with you in case you want to take re-bath after enjoying at the beach. Do not forget to carry your sunscreen if you hate the sun-tanned skin. Also, make sure that you tick off the hiking shoes, light backpacks or daypacks, and mosquito repellent from your Sri Lanka Travel Guide checklist, once the packing is done.
- Tech accessories – Moreover, if you are someone who drools over the mesmerizing Sri Lanka Sightseeing, then cameras, memory cards, spare batteries must make their way to your packing list.
Things to Do in Sri Lanka
Sightseeing is one of the most beautiful and interesting things to do during your Sri Lanka Holiday Packages. But, if you don’t know much about the places of Sri Lanka, and are thinking about where to head on, then take help from our Sri Lanka Travel Guide.
Feel the religious abundance of Sri Lanka on your visit to the Gangaramaya Temple, Seetha Amman Temple, and Dambulla Cave Temple. Post enjoying a religious sanctity at the temples you can enjoy some water sports activities at the Madu River, scuba diving at the Gorgonian Gardens and spot whales and dolphins at Mirissa. In the evening head on to enjoy a hot air balloon ride and kite surfing on the go.
If sight-seeing is on your mind then explore the unadulterated beauty of the Pettah Floating Market, Turtle Hatchery, Glen Falls, Kandy Lake, and the Dutch Fort. Enjoy a relaxed evening while you get an Ayurvedic Spa Treatment to rejuvenate yourselves, or, take a tour to rich Tea estates to know the art of Sri Lanka’s tea cultivation or bask under the beach sun in the sandy beaches. Lastly, delve into the nightlife fervor, set your shopping spirit free and enjoy Sri Lanka’s natural richness with a wildlife safari.
Food Dishes You Should Try In Sri Lanka
The island of Sri Lanka is known for its rice and curry dishes but there’s a lot to explore in the culinary section. Our Sri Lanka Travel Guide will definitely help you shortlist some of the best food options found in Sri Lanka. An abundant of curry options that are a popular hit in the country and which you should savor your taste buds include Fish Ambul Thiyal or the sour fish curry, Kukul mas curry, often called chicken curry, and Polos, that is, green jackfruit curry. While on your hunt to enjoying snacks and munchies, you can try a host of Sri Lankan savories such as Kottu, Wood Apple, Hoppers, Gotu Kola Sambol, and Pol Sambol that will burst a range of flavors in your palette.
So, have you packed your bags yet? We know you did! We hope that our Sri Lanka Travel Guide gives you all the necessary details and information required to experience an enthralling vacation on this beautiful island and gather memories with your dear ones to cherish for a lifetime. Looking for a great package to enjoy a fantastic trip? We have a number of Sri Lanka Tour Packages, so come explore, and book the one which is perfect for you!
- Planning a Trip to Kuala Lumpur? Here are 4 Most Beautiful Places to Visit in Kuala Lumpur - October 26, 2019
- Planning a Trip to Middle East? Add These 4 Most Beautiful places to See In Your Bucket List in Abu Dhabi! - October 26, 2019
- Planning to Visit Bangkok? Don’t Miss Out on These Most Beautiful places in This Tropical Destination! - October 26, 2019
- Planning a Trip to Dubai? Here are 4 Most Beautiful Places to Visit in Dubai - October 25, 2019
- Heading to Singapore? Here Are Four Places You Must Visit! - October 25, 2019
- Is Malaysia Your Next Vacation Destination? Add These Beautiful Places To Your Bucket List! - October 11, 2019
- Are You Getting A Beach Calling This Year? Explore These Hidden Gems of Thailand! - October 11, 2019
- Heading to Pattaya This Season? Here are 4 Most Beautiful Places to Visit in This Exotic Location! - October 11, 2019
- Visiting Sri Lanka? Here are 4 Must-See Places to Add on Your Bucket-List! - October 11, 2019
- Planning for a Budget Trip to Pattaya? Read Our Detailed Guide on a Trip to Pattaya On a Budget! - October 11, 2019