Thailand is one of the most frequently visited cities in the world, which also happens to be a haven for beach lovers. The sand is warm, and the sun is shining brightly while you bask in its glory. When planning your trip, you mainly focus on selecting the Best time to visit Thailand, to gain maximum pleasure. The perfect vacation is not complete without the perfect weather therefore, we have prepared a detailed seasonal guide to help you visit Thailand during the best time of the year.
Here is a quick guide to help you decide the best time to visit Thailand!
Best Season To Visit Thailand
Thailand is the ultimate holiday package you can enjoy this season and is known to welcome people from around the globe, with exotic beaches and mouth-watering cuisine. Whether you are an adventurous traveler, a water baby, or interested in a cultural trip, Thailand is the place for you. Depending on what kind of vacation you are planning, Thailand offers various activities for everyone. But the question still remains, what is the best time to visit Thailand? The tropical weather comprises warm, cool and monsoon seasons and to your surprise, you will find vast differences in weather patterns.
Best Time To Visit Thailand
The panoramic mountains surrounded with lush green forests are a sight to behold, and a treat to the eyes. Starting October, the cool atmosphere sets in making it the Best Time to Visit Thailand. A good couple of months that gives you ample time to explore the majestic land of Thailand. With temperatures ranging from 20-25 degrees Celsius during the day, making it ideal for lazing around on the beach. The winter flowers, rice terraces, and thick green mountains is a sight to behold in this blooming period. The end of January is also one of the best times to visit Thailand as the Chinese New Year is a public holiday and Bangkok’s Chinatown turns red while hosting dragon parades, dancing in the streets and firecrackers. If you are a cultural enthusiast, you should definitely book yourself a Thailand Packages around this season.
Peak Season In Thailand
Southern Thailand is defined by two seasons: the dry season and the rainy season, with the season spanning from December through to May with temperatures fluctuating between 25-32 degrees celsius. This period makes it the best time to travel to Thailand, to view the gorgeous coastlines while you cool in sparkling waters after being soaked in the tropical heat. The Southeast coast with 26-degree Celsius will be splendid at this time of the year with the monsoons just around the corner, making June through October the Best month to visit Thailand and drop in at Krabi and the surrounding islands. The Southwest Coast with a temperature of 29-degree Celsius offers snorkeling and scuba diving in deep cool waters. If you are planning for a Romantic Packages In Thailand, expect to lose yourself in the breathtaking islands and exotic beaches. The islands of Koh Lanta and Koh Phi Phi offer spectacular views of various species of fish and water babies can swim between the mesmerizing reefs from December through to January, which is the Best Season to visit Thailand.
Things To Do during Peak Season
The Chinese New Year – 16th January (dates change every year): Celebrated mostly in Chinese parts of the town, the New Year’s celebration is an extravaganza.
- Songkran Water Festival – 13th-15th April: With the celebration spread over three days, on the first day you can engage in water fights in the streets with water pistols.
- Loy Krathong (Lantern Festival) November: To experience a ‘Tangled” like a fairytale, you must be a part of the celebration of the river goddess “Mae Nam”. Celebrated on the night of the 12th full moon year, locals and tourists release decorated lanterns (Krathongs) into the water, and glowing paper lanterns into the night sky, which is an absolute sight to behold.
- Phi Ta Khon – Late June-July: For those who wish to celebrate Halloween in a foreign country, can visit the town of Dan Sai and be a part of the 3-day celebration held specially to bring attention to the spirits of the dead. In the 3 days of celebration you will witness games, parades, fireworks, and beautifully decorated costumes.
Off-Season in Thailand
March-October: The advantages of traveling in the offseason are many as you can score cheap accommodation and explore offbeat destinations, which is the best time for Thailand. Off-season means lower prices, fewer crowds, emptier hotels and having the beach all to yourself, which makes it the best time to visit Thailand.
Things to Do in Off-Season
The Vegetarian Festival – October: This 9-day festival takes place in Phuket and celebrates the Chinese belief of abstinence from meat during the ninth lunar month of the Chinese calendar.
Weather And Climate In Thailand
A good time to visit Thailand is all around the year, though the best time to visit Thailand is November through April and the climate varies between the east and the west coast. And now that you have a complete guide about Thailand’s seasons and attractions, the best time to visit Thailand is during the cooler months. Though Thailand is blessed with sunshine throughout the year, the monsoons can be the best time to visit Thailand for you. Come September, the monsoons bring life to the lush green forests, so if you are a nature-lover then book a Thailand Tour Packages in this season where you can enjoy long nature walks and bird watching. December is the time for the Christmas rush and while the weather is pleasant, Koh Samui is an exception, which receives high levels of rainfall at this time of the year.
So, get set and pack your bags to visit Thailand as the best season is almost near! Book the most Amazing Thailand Deals and enjoy a vacation of your life!
- Is Malaysia Your Next Vacation Destination? Add These Beautiful Places To Your Bucket List! - October 11, 2019
- Are You Getting A Beach Calling This Year? Explore These Hidden Gems of Thailand! - October 11, 2019
- Heading to Pattaya This Season? Here are 4 Most Beautiful Places to Visit in This Exotic Location! - October 11, 2019
- Visiting Sri Lanka? Here are 4 Must-See Places to Add on Your Bucket-List! - October 11, 2019
- Planning for a Budget Trip to Pattaya? Read Our Detailed Guide on a Trip to Pattaya On a Budget! - October 11, 2019
- Planning for a Budget Trip to Thailand? Read Our Detailed Guide of Thailand Tour on Budget! - October 11, 2019
- Facing A Budget Crunch During Your Kuala Lumpur Trip? Read Our Ultimate Guide to Solve Your Budget Worries! - October 10, 2019
- Planning A Bali Trip? Read Our Ultimate Budget Travel Guide to Bali! - October 10, 2019
- Planning a Budget Trip To Abu Dhabi? Read Our Detailed Guide for a Trip to Abu Dhabi On a Budget! - October 10, 2019
- Double-Up the Fun Of Your Bangkok Trip – On A Budget! - October 10, 2019