August? Too much rain.
September? Too humid.
November? The mad rush begins.
December? Too expensive, too crowded.
Wait, did we miss a month? Oh yes, October!
The perfect month for Goa.
Some perfectly good reasons why…
By the time you’re done reading this, we bet you’ll be checking for flight tickets. And need we remind you, the Dussehra long weekend is coming up! What could be a better way to kickstart the festive season?
It is such a relief to see beautiful blue skies after incessant rains for four continuous months. The weather is best enjoyed in an open jeep or on the faithful scooty. So get to Goa and rent one. Roam around without worrying about where to take shelter if it rains or getting drenched.
From flight tickets to accommodation rates, everything is much more affordable in October. Since the whole state is getting ready for the flood of tourists from November onwards, this is your best chance to enjoy all the facilities of the peak season at a more pocket-friendly rate.
Thanks to the last leg of monsoon, the sun isn’t scorching just yet. The average remains around 28°C. It gets sunnier closer to November. The temperatures dip a little at night, so it’s pretty pleasant even without air conditioning. Unless you are a ‘can’t sleep unless the AC’s on 16°C’ person.
This is probably THE BEST reason to go to Goa right now! No mad rush, no pushing through throngs of crowd wherever you go. Clean beaches and clean sunbeds are two major points October scores.
The benefits of visiting right after monsoon. Everything looks freshly washed and brand new. And that wonderful smell of rain-washed air! Most definitely the best time to enjoy the lush green expanses of Goa.
You won’t have to deal with the deserted feel of north Goa beaches. October is when most shacks resume business. The seasonal restaurants open up too, so you can have your pick from among the best dining options in Goa.
One who has visited Goa during monsoon knows what it is to be deprived of a swim. The Goan waves are not welcoming. Water sports become a rarity, even stepping in for a dip seems like a task on Fear Factor. The seas rage a lot less during October. Calmer seas means a great time for beach bums.
Flea market grounds that stand flooded during monsoons, turn into the most happening spots in town come October. The Saturday night market in Arpora and the flea market in Anjuna are some of the most popular ones in Goa. Since the set-up begins in October, there aren’t too many tourists and you can shop in peace.
If offbeat is your style, then Goa in October is worth your time. Get going already!
P.s. You might like these related resources:
- Best time to visit Goa, the Asian Paradise
- Top attractions and things to do in GOA
- 30 best Goa tourist places that you simply can’t miss
- Visit These Best Places for Food in Himachal for A Fine Culinary Experience During Your Stay in The Land of Snow! - May 29, 2019
- The Ultimate Food Guide on What to Eat When in North-East! - May 23, 2019
- 15 AMAZING ENGAGEMENT IDEAS FOR A JOLLY PARTY AHEAD - January 13, 2019
- Goa, Kochi, or Pondi – which beach town are you escaping to this winter? - December 3, 2018
- Heading to the jazz festival in Goa? Book an OYO Home for a musical weekend! - November 19, 2018
- 8 reasons why October is a great time for Goa! - October 17, 2018
- OYO Home’s latest brew – a coffee table that’s also 3 board games! - October 1, 2018
- All you need to know about World Tourism Day - September 27, 2018